New Rule In Place on Rattlesnake Lake!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
blackfoot
Petty Officer

New Rule In Place on Rattlesnake Lake!

Post by blackfoot » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:18 pm

Just posted a fishing report on Rattlesnake Lake, please read.Because people are POACHING,throwing away 8 Rainbows in the bushes and using power bait, we who fish the lake 4-5 times a week have put into place a new rule for fishing Rattlesnake lake.

He who is caught POACHING with power bait or ANY bait, gets to walk home.Because there are no wardens, we who care needs to step to protect what little we have left.

This is the NEW Rattlesnake rule!!!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:New Rule In Place on Rattlesnake Lake!

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:28 pm

He who is caught POACHING with power bait or ANY bait, gets to walk home.Because there are no wardens, we who care needs to step to protect what little we have left.

This is the NEW Rattlesnake rule!!![/quote]

While I couldn' agree with you more....... What exactly do you mean by "Walk home?"
One comment in the same vein..... Rattlesnake is TERRIBLY abused by people who don't regard the selective fishery rules. On the West side of the lake, where the big rock is.... I always find power baiter, egg jars and general crap.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:19 pm

use your imagination, if you drive in w/ a car or truck and you have to walk home! guess why that might be?

bigastrout
Commander

Post by bigastrout » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:12 am

Two wrongs don't make a right! If you want to do something about the problem at Rattlesnake maybe you should start here.

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/

June 8, 2007

Classes teach citizens how to help prevent poaching

OLYMPIA - Free classes will be held in June and July at five locations for citizens who want to help prevent poaching of the state’s fish and wildlife.

The two-hour training sessions - scheduled in Vancouver, Naches, Wenatchee, Puyallup and Issaquah - are jointly sponsored by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), the Eyes in the Woods Association, and other outdoor organizations and sporting goods stores.

The classes are part of a series of Crime Observation and Reporting Training (CORT) sessions scheduled this year to train and certify citizens as non-confrontational witnesses in fish and wildlife enforcement efforts.

"Our goal is to create a network of citizens trained in identifying, documenting and reporting crimes against our natural resources," said Lt. Richard Mann of WDFW’s enforcement program. "While no one but a certified law-enforcement officer should ever approach a suspect, we often rely on citizens’ help to detect and report wildlife violations."

All five meetings are scheduled from 7-9 p.m. on the following dates and locations:

Vancouver: June 13 at 13215B S.E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver, Wash. The class is hosted by G.I. Joe’s Sporting Goods. To sign up for the class, contact Jenifer at 360-253-2420 or [email protected] .
Naches: June 14 at 16601 Hwy. 12, Naches. The class is hosted by Oak Creek Wildlife Area. To sign up for the class, contact John McGowan at 509-653-2390.
Wenatchee: June 19 at 180 Rock Island Rd. E., Wenatchee. The local sponsor is the Wenatchee Sportsmen’s Association. To sign up for the class, contact Ron Bruno at 509-884-9369 or [email protected] .
Puyallup: June 27 at 16409 Canyon Road E., Puyallup. The class is hosted by the Tacoma Sportsmen’s Club. To sign up for the class, contact Amanda Knoop at 253-537-6151 or [email protected] .
Issaquah: July 25 at 20009 S.E. 127th St., Issaquah. Sponsored by the Issaquah Sportsmen’s Club. To sign up for the class, contact Tom Mechler at 425-255-0922 or [email protected] .
For a list of other CORT training sessions, see page 54 of WDFW’s 2007 Big Game Hunting Rules.
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:53 am

You've got to be kidding, right?

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:25 am

Why don't you just shoot them instead? You could hike up to the lookout and snipe the poachers. They'd never know what hit them and you'd get in some good target practice. It's a win-win.

:rambo:
(only joking)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 am

dilbert - I hope you are joking. I have to agree with bigastrout. It is a problem and it does need to be dealt with, but disabling vehicles and such no matter how effective is not the way to go. Get names, get licence plate numbers, call people that are authorized and paid to take care of it. If you get no results, take your band of regulars and start going up the chain of command to ask why. Besides, best case scenerio - they poach, you "disable" thier vehicle, they call the cops - you BOTH get busted. And I know for myself - I would hate to be fishing legally next to someone who is not, and have you get the wrong vehicle (or noggin in your cross-hairs). Just my 2-cents
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Roadkill
Petty Officer

Post by Roadkill » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:02 pm

blackfoot,

Are you guy that was up at Rattlesnake Lake yelling at a bait fisherman the other day near the big rocks on the right side of the lake from the boat launch?

My cousin and his girlfriend saw 2 guys almost get into a fight the other day...
and the guy going off on the bait fisherman apoligized to them after the altercation.

I have seen way too many people using bait up at Rattlesnake lately....myself.
I go up there on a semi regular basis and hate seeing bait fishing...etc.
I have called the Game Warden at Mill Creek if it happens during the day...
and usually call the King County Sheriff if it's on the weekend or after Mill Creek is closed.

This past winter we saw several people fishing the lake before it was even open...
and they were all using power bait from the shore.
We called up Mill Creek and turned them in...
they got nailed by the Game Warden.

My cousin's girl friend works at a place in North Bend that will remain nameless...
one of these guys came in and he was bitching about being busted by the Game Warden!~
They got him for not having a Fishing License, fishing out of season, and for using bait.
His fines were in the $600.00 to $800.00 range!~

Please call Mill Creek and contact the Game Warden....(425) 775-1311
or the King County Sherriff in North Bend.
Do not take the law into your own hands!~
It's not worth going to jail for getting into a boxing match or messing with someones vehicle.

tc,
Road
Fishing is like sex,
when it's good, it's real good,
and when it's bad,
it's still pretty good.

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:44 pm

All your advice sounds good but we do not have wardens anymore and we have to watch these jerkoffs do whatever they want! We can stand aound with our finger up our XXX and watch this crap or we can say enough! I'm from Montana and we have had problems there with very few wardens and alot of miles between cities :we did citizen arrests many times on jerkoffs shooting elk for the hell of it.

Have you ever called the Sheriff or State Patrol for help? It takes for ever,do you really think they are going to drive from Mill Creek and drive 1-1/2 hours to North Bend to write some moron a ticket for using powerbait and throwing fish on shore?The jackasses poaching will do every time they fish,catch fish and then throw them on shore. Sometimes you have to have the balls to say enough is enough. It is NOT wrong sometimes to do what is right!

Do you people remember the guy who was killed in front of hundreds of people on Mardi Gras in Pioneer Square: even the police watched his murder and didn't do a thing.Maybe this a Seattle/KIng County thing to watch crime, complaint and let someone else get involved!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:51 pm

I don't know Blackfoot, it looks like its up to you and me, I dont think we have much of a choice but to citizens arrest the poachers

Roadkill
Petty Officer

Post by Roadkill » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:37 am

blackfoot wrote:do you really think they are going to drive from Mill Creek and drive 1-1/2 hours to North Bend to write some moron a ticket for using powerbait ?
No they don't drive all the way from Mill Creek...

You call Mill Creek...and they call someone to respond!~

There are several Game Wardens in the North Bend and Snoqualmie area...

I really don't want to go into specific's about this on here.

And they are up at Rattlesnake Lake more than you think.

I know for a fact that they sometimes use a spotter's scope and check the Lake.

As far as you threatening people and wanting to take the law into your own hands...

be very careful that you don't break any laws or you might end up in jail also.

My Uncle was a Game Warden. <- hint

tc,
Road
Fishing is like sex,
when it's good, it's real good,
and when it's bad,
it's still pretty good.

Palmer
Warrant Officer

Post by Palmer » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:19 am

I've never been to Rattlesnake, but I do see many poachers at a fishing hole that I frequent. The poachers I see are trying to just put food on the table so I leave them alone. I usually see this in the small rural towns backed up to the forest. A few of these guys are homeless. I'd rather see them fishing then panhandling. The river they're fishing on is open but they aren't using selective gear rules.

Now if I was going to do something about it, I probably wouldn't broadcast it on the internet. I'd stay under the radar for sure. I'd first confront them by asking if they've read the reg's and know that the lake is selective gear rules. If they persist I'd talk to other anglers if there are any and confront the person again. Then I would make a phone call and get the state involved. I always try to take care of similar problems this way before getting the state involved. I believe its the Christian way to solve the problem.

If you read Tom Brown Jr's, "The Way of the Scout," or other books by Tom, you'll learn some pranks you could play on a poacher without any physical harm and withhold your Identity. However, I'm not into vandalizing someone's property over an animal.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tug's the Drug

Wilkstr
Petty Officer

Post by Wilkstr » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:35 am

I guess I am sticking my nose where it doesn’t belong… I am from the other side of the mountains. But how could you be so passionate about obeying the fishing regs, but then turn around and slash some ones tires? I assume you were implying slashing tires… or worse.

It’s called poor integrity. [-x
<*)))))><

Sammy
Angler

Post by Sammy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:37 pm

Well Said Wilkstr! :cheers:

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:20 pm

Wilkstr,I guess you east of the mountains guys jump to conclusions about slashing tires! Where did you read about slashing tires?Is that what you guys do over there or does anything go like poaching fish or throwing them in the garbage?

How do you guys stop poachers?In Montana ,we stop the jerkoffs whenever they are violating fish and game laws: that's the way it is.That's why we still have fish and game and the wardens thank citizens for taking on these jerks.

I guess it all comes down how you feel about things!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:33 pm

The point is two Wrongs don't make a Right. You did advocate making them walk home so is that redering their transportaion inoperable or are you advocating physical violence culminating in removal their keys? Oh I know it's shaking your finger at them till they're shamed into walking home. Give us all a break. I don't know about Montana but, here, taking the law into your own hands is called vigilantism. It's extremely frowned upon. It's you that could be spending time in the pokey, not the Power Baiter's. Since you posted your opinion on a public forum we have a little add on that comes with most serious and or violence oriented laws. It's called "conspiracy to commit". Probably best to keep those sort of thoughts to yourself.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!