Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
2000subaru
Commander

RE:Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Post by 2000subaru » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:56 pm

Boat: 88 Skeeter SD-80 16' fiberglass dream machine
Species: Bass and Tigers. The occasional trout that enjoys a EWG through the mouth.
Lakes: I'll go anywhere, but love to fish my local whirlpool, Lake Tapps. King and Pierce most of the time, but if you have a good LMB lake, I'm willing to travel.
When: Usually anytime, but mostly weekends and afternoons. I have kids/wife who enjoy my company, I think.
Rules: No smoking while on the boat, pre/post launch anyother time is cool. (I have my vices too!) Just be good company. If you want to help with fuel, that would be cool. Help me launch and load if i'm not already in the water. Please don't bring your arsenal of rods and gear. Make an educated guess on what you are planning to fish, bring it, and par your rods down to 2 or 3. The bug does not have tons of storage. Don't worry though, I share baits.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:12 am

2000subaru wrote:Boat: 88 Skeeter SD-80 16' fiberglass dream machine
Species: Bass and Tigers. The occasional trout that enjoys a EWG through the mouth.
Lakes: I'll go anywhere, but love to fish my local whirlpool, Lake Tapps. King and Pierce most of the time, but if you have a good LMB lake, I'm willing to travel.
When: Usually anytime, but mostly weekends and afternoons. I have kids/wife who enjoy my company, I think.
Rules: No smoking while on the boat, pre/post launch anyother time is cool. (I have my vices too!) Just be good company. If you want to help with fuel, that would be cool. Help me launch and load if i'm not already in the water. Please don't bring your arsenal of rods and gear. Make an educated guess on what you are planning to fish, bring it, and par your rods down to 2 or 3. The bug does not have tons of storage. Don't worry though, I share baits.
I'd fish with 2KSubaru but his boat has a max weight limit#-o

MaxExp82
Petty Officer

Post by MaxExp82 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 am

Im only good to fill a seat ! :-)

Spokane, Washington, Able to drive , Free every single day !

Kokonuts
Warrant Officer

Post by Kokonuts » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:32 am

Lake Merwin.......Kokanee.......:fish: ......I am at the Lake most every weekend & some weekdays!

18ft. Hewes with room for 1 or 2. Send a PM .....Kokonuts....:thumleft:
Where ever I go........There I am!

smokum
Petty Officer

Post by smokum » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:10 am

17' Crestliner w/90 E-tec and MinnKota etc.

Almost always an open seat for lakes and am close to Lk Sawyer and Sammammish. Most weekends .

Ya gotta put up with an excited 12 yr old grandson who could possibly outfish anyone in the boat.

PM or e-mail me and let's go
Never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good fish story!!

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:53 am

Okay here is my addition to the thread ...

Name: Bisk1tSnGraV (Jay)

Availability: I usually am able to fish at least one afternoon after work and one of the weekend days.

Location: I live down in Spanaway but will travel to get a chance out on the water.

Species: I primarily fish for Bass but will fish for whatever may be biting.

Notes: I am a boat rider or a back seat filler. But just like AaronE, I am a Float Tuber and will fish with most anyone. Thinking if I can fish with AaronE I can handle anyone ... LOL. It is just great to explore new water, meet new friends and just fish.

PM me if you are looking for someone to help chase the fish to your hook.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Denman
Petty Officer

Post by Denman » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 pm

I'm in! My schedule is pretty hit and miss though. I work at a sporting goods store, so being retail, I close alot during the week and weekends. Best thing to do, is pm me and we'll go from there. I'd be happy to take someone out on Lake Tapps (I live on Church Lake) or other bodies of water nearby. I fish for bass and Muskie on Lake Tapps and will hit the salt now and then, usually area 11 or Hood Canal. If you have your own go to set up for the salt, that's ok, but I have d/r rods and reels with trolling gear if nessesary . I have a 19' North River Trapper with electric Scotty downriggers that are very easy to learn how to use. I don't ask for much. Bring your own rods, gear and bait, a good attitude and split the gas if a long drive. (not on the lake though) No extreme drinking please, but a few beers are ok with me. Fish on!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Name : Ralph Capeluto
Boat: 16 foot Smokercraft with 40 hp Honda and two Scotty D/R. I have a small 36 lb Min-Kota.Also have a 10' toon and 8' Livingston
Type of fishing: Im not real brave so I like nice waters. I enjoy bass,trout,salmon ,steelhead, I grew up here all my life and fish and pot it all.My boat hold 3 comfortable but 2 is best.
Time To Fish. Sat/ Sun. For salmon I can do a weekday.
Restrictions: A beer or two is cool. get shzit faced and I'll through you overboard.I dont smoke cigs or cigars but I dont mind if you do.Most anything else is cool.You must have a Licence and punch card if needed and I will want to see it.In rougher waters a PFD is necessary.Its a must.
Things I need: Someone experienced using a Scotty D/R.On time person,and someone to come by the house and help me load the boat on the hitch.
Dont Haves: a Restroom or a livewell.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Post by bcalvert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Name: Brian Calvert
Experience: Novice
Habits: Non-habitual drinker, nor do i smoke cigs or cigars.
Availability: Mon, Tue & Thur Evenings - Most weekends can be free for fishing (evenings are better than mornings)

I am new to bass fishing and it would be great to get a backseat with someone willing to share a lessons or two in the art of bassin.
Washington State Pond Jumperz
Washington's First Electric Only Bass Club
Hosting five open entry electric motor bass tournaments in 2012.

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING!

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:17 pm

NAME Phil Mehrtens LOCATION Lake Washington OCUPATION Carpentry biz owner LIKES Beer, Cool people, bass fishing ,HANGIN OUT WITH MY LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS and CHAINSAW CARVIN! GOOD PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME ON MY BOAT NO CRYBABYS! IF YA WANNA GO FISHIN HIT ME UP ! BOAT 2005 SKEETER ZX 225 YAMAHA VMAX 225 BRING YOUR PFD AND HOLD ON!:compress:
Attachments
BOAT_003.JPG
BOAT_003.JPG (109.14 KiB) Viewed 6868 times
BOAT_001.JPG
BOAT_001.JPG (100.29 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Name: Scott
Fishing type: Mainly Trout but am fishing form the shore i nthe salt too. Looking to start up some bas fishing as well. So pretty much anything.
Experience: Novice when it comes to trout.
Habits: I smoke and do drink, but don't really drink while fishing.
Availability: Mon-Sun.........well have almost every weekend off an dif you watnto do some late fishing during the work week and I game for that as long as it's in the Kitsap county area.

Like I said before, looking to start bass fishing, nvever did much trolling for salmon ans would love to start that as well.
I would clean you boat or what ever you needed if you took me out with you. If I get to come fishin with any of you, please let me knwo if there is any special gear I would need to purchase for the trip.

Always on time and will bring donuts.:cheers:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:25 am

wow, I hadn't check this thread recently and noticed several additions. I added them to the master list. We've got a great bunch of guys (and gals) on this list. :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 pm

I usually fish from shore either on a lake, river, or fishing pier. I have a 12ft aluminum with a 15 hp evenrude but I dont know how to back it up and get very itimidated by all you experts at the boat launches. So each year I tab it but it just sits. Looking for a someone to go fishing and or crabbing with atfter work and on weekends. I fish for trout, salmon, bullheads (lol). Never tried bass fishing even though I have some gear. I have setups for still fishing and trolling and some crab pots.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:37 pm

kcc wrote:I usually fish from shore either on a lake, river, or fishing pier. I have a 12ft aluminum with a 15 hp evenrude but I dont know how to back it up and get very itimidated by all you experts at the boat launches. So each year I tab it but it just sits. Looking for a someone to go fishing and or crabbing with atfter work and on weekends. I fish for trout, salmon, bullheads (lol). Never tried bass fishing even though I have some gear. I have setups for still fishing and trolling and some crab pots.

Don't let yourself be intimidated bu people at the launch. Just go out to a big open parking lot and do some practice backing up into parking stalls with the trailer.
Seriously though... with 10 minutes of playing in the parking lot, you will be fine.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:37 pm

kcc wrote:I usually fish from shore either on a lake, river, or fishing pier. I have a 12ft aluminum with a 15 hp evenrude but I dont know how to back it up and get very itimidated by all you experts at the boat launches. So each year I tab it but it just sits. Looking for a someone to go fishing and or crabbing with atfter work and on weekends. I fish for trout, salmon, bullheads (lol). Never tried bass fishing even though I have some gear. I have setups for still fishing and trolling and some crab pots.
I'll bet you've been loving the boat launch thread, LOL. I'm guessing one of our shore-bound anglers would be happy to help you improve your backing skills. :bball: Thanks for being a premium member, BTW.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Man i would love a ride in that skeeter sometime..need to see how ya drive the big boys and get some pointers and of course fish:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:39 am

SPARKY101 wrote:Man i would love a ride in that skeeter sometime..need to see how ya drive the big boys and get some pointers and of course fish:cheers:
let me know when and where and ill let you drive it.:cheers:
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:48 am

We have a good list of ones that want to be a backseat and ones that have one. Should we have a thread that lists both invites and requests? I am almost thinking a seperate topic like the Freashwater or Bass topic is set up already. Will help it be a little more easy to track and read. And then you can refer back to this thread to see of you want to fish with the one asking or offering. At the PSFTC forum we have a section labeled "Fishing Buddies" so you can post when you are planning on fishing to help get that group together. Just a thought.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:44 pm

I would like to go out on the salt Friday if someone has an open seat in their boat. From Area 11.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

smoked1
Petty Officer

Post by smoked1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:56 am

I don't have a boat so I usually fish from the shore or a dock. I am still pretty new to fishing and most of my experience is fishing from a dock here in Lake Stevens. I really want to learn how to catch some big river fish as I have only been on the river a few times.

Name: Bryce

Availability: I usually fish off my dock at Lake Stevens every night after work for a few hours. I try to fish whenever I can on the weekends. I don't have a boat but would love to get on the river.

Species: Big Fish

Notes: I drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney, and cuss like a sailor. I wonder why I never get invited to fish with anyone...