Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:53 pm

I know there's a lot of demand for a Fishing Buddy Feature so until we get one running let's try this. Post if you're interested in finding someone to fish with and what days off you have. Add any particulars you'd like. As the list builds it will give you a quick "go to" list to contact people that may have those days off. You can also use this thread to announce "Open Boat" invites as well.

This list will be for lake/saltwater/river fishing, general species. I'm also adding a Bass Buddies List on the Bass Forum.

RULES: (at least to start!) If someone declines an invite accept it without making a big deal of it. There can be any number of reasons why a person would say no, so if they tell you "no thanks, not today" let it go at that. No pressure, no worries and this should work good for finding new fishing buddies.

Legal Disclaimers: Use of this list is voluntary. Members are encouraged to know who you are fishing with. Must be eighteen to participate. WL.com can not be held liable for Fishing Buddies Gone Bad. :chef:

I'll go first and we'll add to this list as time goes on. Please use your member name so people can look up PMs easily:

Mike Carey - I work every other weekend, available on some weekdays - Mondays and Tuesdays. Have boat, Westside Puget Sound area. I'll fish trout (fly or hardware), bass, and muskie. Also saltwater and rivers when the mood strikes.

The Quadfather - I fish bass or trout or panfish from a boat. Westside, generaly the King/Snohomish County area. Also bottom fish Puget Sound. My days to fish are Sat-Monday from the boat, or weeknights from a float tube.

reddog - East side. North Spokane. Weekends, typicly Saturday. A weekday evening at Eloika or Diamond on occasion. Bass, Pike, etc. Very rarly trout. Even caught a bass in Diamond. One of my "target fish" success stories. Have exchanged cell # with another "east sider" from another post. Look forward to meeting more WALakes.com members over here that like Bass fishin.

stanford - I'm available SAT and SUN most of the time. Fish the Salt, just need some gas money to get off the ramp. Live in Edgewood/Black Diamond area.

ryan2202 - Fly fish rivers, lakes would love to fly fish the salt. I hardware fish for trout and bass too. Love fishing Salt, just don't have the means to right now...Up for putting gas money with the buddy. I don't own a boat, have access to a small 10ft aluminum with small electric motor. I fish from the pontoon a lot. I live in the south king county area, but not stuck to that location, I can get around easily to anywhere. I'm free some weekdays in the afternoon. Most weekends are free for me as well.

mav186 - Boat- Yes (186 Weldcraft)
Primary Fishing- Lakes and Rivers for Rainbow, Cutthroat, Silvers, Wally’s, Catfish, and yes…even Bass (lol)
Would Like to Learn- Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead (salt and fresh)
Primary Locations Fished
-Western Wa- Lake WaWa, American Lake, Lake Sammamish, Alder Lake
- Eastern Wa- Rufus, Roosevelt, Curlew, Banks, Potholes

General Notes- Typically have an open seat(s) when I go. I will use this list and send out PM’s to find potential fishing partners when I go out. This will include trips east of the mountains as well. If you fish these areas or anything similar to these…please don’t hesitate to PM me. We can go in my boat, your boat, both boats, or by shore if river fishing. I’m pretty low keyed with one helluva sense of humor…Thanks!

bassmasterderek - G3 16'8" aluminum tub
Bass ONLY -fishing pierce, thurston, mason and sometimes lewis county
For now I do smoke cigarettes!
I usually go on sat/sun mornings but work by 1. Or weekdays provided I have a sitter for the baby bassers!

jf0 - I sometimes have 1 open seat on weekends morning or evening, occasionally evenings after work.

Usual Lakes: Lake Desire, Spring Lake
Boat: 12' Aluminum vhul
Fish: Bass

AaronE - Name: Aaron Egnor (AaronE)
Primarily fishes for bass, accidentally catches trout LOL
Lives: Federal Way, WA
Works: Redmond, WA
Fishes: EVERYWHERE. I have no problems leaving the house at 2am to drive 3 hours to hit the morning bite somewhere. I just need some advance warning on road trips. I *am* married and need to keep it that way hehe
Prefers: Float tubing. I'll go tubing with anyone, anywhere. Love getting the backseat on a boat, too.
Easiest way to contact me: Email me at [email protected] - it gets checked all the time and alerts my cell when I have new email.
Disclaimer: I smoke and have a potty mouth. If you're allergic to smoke or f-bombs, putting us in a jon boat together is probably not a good idea hehe. I'm also a big guy (6'1, about 300) so if I'll sink your Livingston, keep that in mind :)

fishingmachine - 7 foot livingston
Fishes two people great.
Fish all species but mainly bass
But if you are a trouter i can manage
I fish Pine Lake and Beaver lake along with Lake Joy and Phantom Lake
Available everyday during the summer.

Toni - I have a boat but can’t take it out in big water; therefore, I would like to apply for a seat on a boat. If possible I would like to crab or shrimp, fish for salmon in the salt, fish Rufus Woods for trout and also catch walleyes, fish Lake WA for cutthroat.
I don’t drink alcoholic beverages, I don’t smoke (or chew), and I don’t cuss. I do need bathroom breaks.

2000subaru - Boat: 88 Skeeter SD-80 16' fiberglass dream machine
Species: Bass and Tigers. The occasional trout that enjoys a EWG through the mouth.
Lakes: I'll go anywhere, but love to fish my local whirlpool, Lake Tapps. King and Pierce most of the time, but if you have a good LMB lake, I'm willing to travel.
When: Usually anytime, but mostly weekends and afternoons. I have kids/wife who enjoy my company, I think.
Rules: No smoking while on the boat, pre/post launch anyother time is cool. (I have my vices too!) Just be good company. If you want to help with fuel, that would be cool. Help me launch and load if i'm not already in the water. Please don't bring your arsenal of rods and gear. Make an educated guess on what you are planning to fish, bring it, and par your rods down to 2 or 3. The bug does not have tons of storage. Don't worry though, I share baits.

MaxEpx82 - Im only good to fill a seat ! :-)

Spokane, Washington, Able to drive , Free every single day !

Kokonuts - Lake Merwin.......Kokanee....... ......I am at the Lake most every weekend & some weekdays!

18ft. Hewes with room for 1 or 2. Send a PM .....Kokonuts....

Smokum - 17' Crestliner w/90 E-tec and MinnKota etc.

Almost always an open seat for lakes and am close to Lk Sawyer and Sammammish. Most weekends .

Ya gotta put up with an excited 12 yr old grandson who could possibly outfish anyone in the boat.

PM or e-mail me and let's go

Bisk1tSnGraV - (Jay)

Availability: I usually am able to fish at least one afternoon after work and one of the weekend days.

Location: I live down in Spanaway but will travel to get a chance out on the water.

Species: I primarily fish for Bass but will fish for whatever may be biting.

Notes: I am a boat rider or a back seat filler. But just like AaronE, I am a Float Tuber and will fish with most anyone. Thinking if I can fish with AaronE I can handle anyone ... LOL. It is just great to explore new water, meet new friends and just fish.

PM me if you are looking for someone to help chase the fish to your hook.

Denman -

I'm in! My schedule is pretty hit and miss though. I work at a sporting goods store, so being retail, I close alot during the week and weekends. Best thing to do, is pm me and we'll go from there. I'd be happy to take someone out on Lake Tapps (I live on Church Lake) or other bodies of water nearby. I fish for bass and Muskie.

youshhucks -

Name: Josh
Target: Largemouth/smallmouth primarily.
Availability: Anytime Fri-Sun. Weekdays after 5pm.

Currently I do not own my own boat and am looking for a backseat to fish from. No problems with contributing money to the trip, more than happy to do that. I have plenty of gear, but can be selective if space is tight. On a side note, i do have access to a boat on lake desire if anyone wanted to come out and fish with me there. Thanks for reading. Josh

camron.tht.fishing.guy

Im looking for sumeone to fish with im in maytown near tenino im 18 i have no drivers license i cant drive. So if u wanna go anyfurther then olympia well i have to have ride. I am available at all times i dont ever have a busy schedule. Really looking for a partner i hate fishing alone. Ill fish for anything if i know what tackle to use. So let me know. P.s heres my contact info text or call 360 529 1804.
Last edited by Mike Carey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Fishing Buddies/Open Boat Availablity List

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

2nd in line....
I fish bass or trout or panfish from a boat. Westside, generaly the King/Snohomish County area. Also bottom fish Puget Sound. My days to fish are Sat-Monday from the boat, or weeknights from a float tube.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Cool, Thanks for setting something up. Hard to take pics of the catch and release by myself. East side. North Spokane. Weekends, typicly Saturday. A weekday evening at Eloika or Diamond on occasion. Bass, Pike, etc. Very rarly trout. Even caught a bass in Diamond. One of my "target fish" success stories. Have exchanged cell # with another "east sider" from another post. Look forward to meeting more WALakes.com members over here that like Bass fishin.
Kent

stanford
Petty Officer

Post by stanford » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm available SAT and SUN most of the time. Fish the Salt, just need some gas money to get off the ramp. I fish the Sound and Rivers game.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyles Outdoor Adventure Fishing Services check it out?

ryan2202
Warrant Officer

Post by ryan2202 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:23 am

Count me in! Ryan- Fly fish rivers, lakes would love to fly fish the salt. I hardware fish for trout and bass too. Love fishing Salt, just don't have the means to right now...Up for putting gas money with the buddy. I don't own a boat, have access to a small 10ft aluminum with small electric motor. I fish from the pontoon a lot. I live in the south king county area, but not stuck to that location, I can get around easily to anywhere. I'm free some weekdays in the afternoon. Most weekends are free for me as well. This should be a lot of fun!
Ryan

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 am

My Information:

Boat- Yes (186 Weldcraft)
Primary Fishing- Lakes and Rivers for Rainbow, Cutthroat, Silvers, Wally’s, Catfish, and yes…even Bass (lol)
Would Like to Learn- Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead (salt and fresh)
Primary Locations Fished
-Western Wa- Lake WaWa, American Lake, Lake Sammamish, Alder Lake
- Eastern Wa- Rufus, Roosevelt, Curlew, Banks, Potholes

General Notes- Typically have an open seat(s) when I go. I will use this list and send out PM’s to find potential fishing partners when I go out. This will include trips east of the mountains as well. If you fish these areas or anything similar to these…please don’t hesitate to PM me. We can go in my boat, your boat, both boats, or by shore if river fishing. I’m pretty low keyed with one helluva sense of humor…Thanks! :geek:

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Tracker 18' flat bottom can..
Fish BASS and BASS ONLY..
SouthSound primarily Thuston/pierce county
Love smallmouth BASS fishing the most..
Usally go almost every saturday and some weekdays eve time
Fish american lake alot..Do like lake wawa
But if you a lmb freak im game to see what ya got
My boat is cheap price to ride..thats discussed before trip
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:30 pm

G3 16'8" aluminum tub
Bass ONLY -fishing pierce, thurston, mason and sometimes lewis county
For now I do smoke cigarettes!
I usually go on sat/sun mornings but work by 1. Or weekdays provided I have a sitter for the baby bassers!
BMD

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:35 pm

For now smoke hmmmm..
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

jf0
Petty Officer

Post by jf0 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:58 am

I sometimes have 1 open seat on weekends morning or evening, occasionally evenings after work.

Usual Lakes: Lake Desire, Spring Lake
Boat: 12' Aluminum vhul
Fish: Bass

jf0
Petty Officer

Post by jf0 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 am

Will be heading to Spring Lake Friday morning. 1 seat open. PM me. 
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Here's my info:

Name: Aaron Egnor (AaronE)
Primarily fishes for bass, accidentally catches trout LOL
Lives: Federal Way, WA
Works: Redmond, WA
Fishes: EVERYWHERE. I have no problems leaving the house at 2am to drive 3 hours to hit the morning bite somewhere. I just need some advance warning on road trips. I *am* married and need to keep it that way hehe
Prefers: Float tubing. I'll go tubing with anyone, anywhere. Love getting the backseat on a boat, too.
Easiest way to contact me: Email me at [email protected] - it gets checked all the time and alerts my cell when I have new email.
Disclaimer: I smoke and have a potty mouth. If you're allergic to smoke or f-bombs, putting us in a jon boat together is probably not a good idea hehe. I'm also a big guy (6'1, about 300) so if I'll sink your Livingston, keep that in mind :)
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 pm

7 foot livingston
Fishes two people great.
Fish all species but mainly bass
But if you are a trouter i can manage
I fish Pine Lake and Beaver lake along with Lake Joy and Phantom Lake
Available everyday during the summer
Fishing Machine

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 pm

So far it seems this thread has been for those with boats that may have an opening. I would like apply for a seat on a boat. What should I do? Choose someone to PM? Or just post on here what I would like to do?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Do both. :-)
Tom.

Interests: living

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Toni
Just let me know if u ever wanna make it out

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:42 am

Toni wrote:So far it seems this thread has been for those with boats that may have an opening. I would like apply for a seat on a boat. What should I do? Choose someone to PM? Or just post on here what I would like to do?
Toni, just go ahead and post your particulars like others have done and indicate that you have no boat so would be interested in either shore fishing or sharing a boat. This list isn't just for the boat anglers.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:51 am

Ok here it goes. I have a boat but can’t take it out in big water; therefore, I would like to apply for a seat on a boat. If possible I would like to crab or shrimp, fish for salmon in the salt, fish Rufus Woods for trout and also catch walleyes, fish Lake WA for cutthroat.
I don’t drink alcoholic beverages, I don’t smoke (or chew), and I don’t cuss. I do need bathroom breaks.

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:27 pm

fishingmachine wrote:Toni
My brain read that as "make out". I seriously need to make a pot of coffee.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 pm

AaronE wrote:
fishingmachine wrote:Toni
My brain read that as "make out". I seriously need to make a pot of coffee.
Ya you had better get that coffee. ]