Yellow Lake Issaquah

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
clam man
Warrant Officer

Yellow Lake Issaquah

Post by clam man » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am

Does anyone know if this lake is "legal" to fish? Can you put a canoe or float tube in here? Any experiences fishing this lake?
Clam Man

"____________"

BentRod
Admiral

RE:Yellow Lake Issaquah

Post by BentRod » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:07 pm

I often wonder about some of these small lakes. With a Yahoo search I found one reference to someone fishing it this year. If it is legal, it is probably underfished. Here is the link I found. If you go fish it, let us know how you did. :cheers:
fishingworks - Yellow Lake

ckim85
Commander

Post by ckim85 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 pm

I've fished Yellow Lake once several months ago. we didn't catch anything but my friend had what looked like a small trout follow his lure right by the dock. I believe there is a good bass population in there according to what my friend told me but haven't heard much about it.
One thing to note is that the lake is very muddy and weedy
Every time I reeled up, it would have a load of gunk wrapping my lure. Watch the bird crap on the dock too...theres alot of it.

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:27 pm

Yellow lake is a private lake for klahanie residents. There are no trout in that lake, it's deepest point is only 16ft. There are other fish in that lake but they are of poor quality. It's basically a bird toilet, and the water is not very clean. It is not uncommon to find fish with nasty sores on them.
I won't kill anything less than a meal

Lizard Face
Angler

Re: Yellow Lake Issaquah

Post by Lizard Face » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:25 pm

Yellow lake has been destroyed by deforestation, overuse, and pollution and water runoff ever since the plateau was inundated with construction, especially Klahanie.
I lived where Klahanie is now. We built our small home in 1967 and had one neighbor going clear to Sunnyside school. My father and I brought a small wooden row boat in his truck along a very rough logging road to the lake. We trolled for trout, using spinners and a worm. We caught our limit of rainbow trout every time, averaging 10-16 inches each. We never saw another boat or fisherman. Ever.
In the winter, when the ice was thick enough, our entire family ice skated on yellow lake, and again, never saw a soul. Had the entire lake to ourselves.
When the gravel pit was there, teen boys would gather with dirt bikes and have races, and girls would ride their horses there and on the many small trails around the lake. And in high school, yes we had Summer keggars, bon fires and camped overnight.
I was 12 years old when we moved to the plateau in 1967. It was a wooded paradise then. We has horses and two acres. My old home is still in Klahanie. The previous owners would not sell out to the development. Now it's the only flat roofed home on the largest lot.
I went back to see the area a few years ago, and it just made me sad. The natural beauty has been destroyed by wall-to-wall houses and signage everywhere. No freedom.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:56 pm

@Lizardface,
Good history story. It would be hard to go back to places we grew up and see so much change for the worse. Thanks for the insight.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Tom.

Interests: living

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Nicely played, AMX.