Looking for a boat

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
dmitryshch
Angler

Looking for a boat

Post by dmitryshch » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a boat. I want a bass boat for 2 adults and a dog.
I'm new to the area and boating, but I think I need something like 16-18 feet boat with 50 hp. Also I don't have a lot of money (I like Nitro boats - but it's too expensive for me).
Which dealers in Seattle area can you recommend?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Looking for a boat

Post by Amx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 am

Call Russ at;

http://www.limitoutmarine.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He has some used boats there.
Tom.

Interests: living

FishingFool
Commodore

Post by FishingFool » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Look up on Craigslist too. Both boats I bought came from private sellers on CL.

dmitryshch
Angler

Post by dmitryshch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Thanks.
I'm looking for a new boat - so I want to look at different boats and decide, what I want and what I can afford.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 am

Russ has new boats also. A couple boats only a couple few years old.

To look at new boats you'll have to go to Spokane to look at Rangers, Walla Walla to look at Tritons, and Limit Out in Pacific to look at Phoenix Boats. Otherwise to Calif, Arkensaw or where ever to see Champions and such. The four mentioned are the only ones I'd personaly consider. And there is nothing wrong with most used boats, expecialy those only a couple/few years old, just inspect them carefuly.
Tom.

Interests: living

AaronW
Warrant Officer

Post by AaronW » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 pm

What's your budget like? Aluminum will run cheaper. With a 50 HP motor you are looking at somewhere around $14,000- $15,000 out the door (tax, licensing, dealer freight and prep) for a basic 16-foot bass boat.

AaronW
Warrant Officer

Post by AaronW » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:03 pm

There are Tracker, Lowe and Crestliner dealers in Washington. I'd go Lowe and Crestliner over Tracker (wider beams). I think the closest G3 dealer is in northern Oregon.

dmitryshch
Angler

Post by dmitryshch » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Amx, thanks! I will contact Russ tomorrow - but all boats I saw on their website are too expensive. The only reason I want a new boat is that I cannot inspect it. I think these boats are too expensive for me.

AaronW, I think my budget is about 15K. I looked at Lowe and Tracker and I liked it. I think I should visit dealers and look at the boats.
As I understand - there are no dealers with all these boats?
Is 50hp is enough for Columbia?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:04 am

There's plenty of dealers around with new boats in your price range. Just do a search for the boats you are looking for or check on the mfg's web sites and check for dealers. There's a dealer for small boats at Dagmar's landing in Everett, a couple in Issaquah, one in Redmond and if course Cabelas. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. Now if you're stuck on a Hi End purpose Bass boat yeah the dealers are not too plentiful but small boat everywhere. Just look.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

AaronW
Warrant Officer

Post by AaronW » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:37 pm

A 50 HP on an aluminum will take you between 35-40 MPH. I have a 60 on my 17.5 foot boat and it gets up to just over 40 MPH.

Cabela's is a Lowe dealer and there's a Tracker dealer in Kennewick (Traveland RV Center).

There are a few good looking rigs on Craigslist right now. I'd check out this 2000 Nitro 175 (http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/3746949643.html) , looks like a good deal at under 100 hours.

I'd also take a look at this 2009 17.5 foot G3 bass boat (http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bod/3688814734.html). It's been on the market for several months so you can probably leverage a lower price.

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 pm

For that kinda money I would look at a Crestline Fish-Hawk I've been eyeing the 1650 with the full windshield.

rapala1972
Petty Officer

Post by rapala1972 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:38 pm

If your looking for a G-3 i believe US Marine in Olympia sells them.http://www.usmarinesales.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and i believe tom-N-jerrys in Mt Vernon sells them as well.Reason why i posted this information is some one early in this thread said they are only sold in northern Oregon and that information is false.We have 3 places to buy G-3 boats in Washington with pacific boatland in Vancouver selling them as well.www.tomnjerrys.net and /www.pacificboatland.com

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Sun May 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Dmitry?

Did you get a boat yet?

dmitryshch
Angler

Post by dmitryshch » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Yes, I ended up with Crestliner VT.

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Congrats

FishingFool
Commodore

Post by FishingFool » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:51 pm

dmitryshch wrote:Yes, I ended up with Crestliner VT.
Pics? How do you like it? Where did you get it from? What did you get exactly? Mind asking for how much for sticker price and final price?

I've never bought a new boat before. I'm looking to "upgrade". I like the storage and decks much better than my current deep-v boat. Nothing wrong with it. I know it's "better" on the bigger waters when it gets choppy.... but I am a fair-weather fisherman.

Also, how fast is your boat? Any issues?

I've been eyeing the Xpress boats, but they isn't any dealers anywhere close by. It has the fastest hull its. I was also thinking of those new Ranger/Triton too. But those come with a slight premium in price because of all their marketing and such. [bored]