Who Wants To Test My Imported LiFePO4 Batteries....

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
FishingFool
Commodore

Re: Who Wants To Test My Imported LiFePO4 Batteries....

Post by FishingFool » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:35 pm

I just got my Dual Pro with lithium profile today. I hooked them up to the battery and it shows 100% charge and in maintenance mode....

The Dual Pro is bigger and much heavier. The power cord for plug-in is significantly shorter. I'm thinking 2' max It's also more expensive.

I since it seems the Minn Kota did fully charge the batteries, there was no point going with the Dual Pro.

I received my little 24v lightbulb today. I wired it up the batteries. I plugged 1 prong of the bulb into the positive wire terminal. I start plugging the other prong into the negative terminal and SPARK! I dropped the assembly, lol. The terminal end is a little torched. Bulb looks fine.

So yeah, In theory, this should work....Or do I need to hook up a switch to it?

johnsmith
Angler

Post by johnsmith » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:51 am

Marine batteries are connected to the trolling motors by the help of switches for a better connection, an option of turning them off when you want.The basic function of the battery switches for boats is to cut the power or make the circuit depending upon which side it is connected. There are so many varieties of the switch in the market that you may need double-check what you’re buying.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Who are you? .....what are you testing?
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

FishingFool
Commodore

Post by FishingFool » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:19 pm

Lol eh?

I've only had a short run on these batteries but they've perform very well.

There are more and more US based companies pumping out these lithium batteries, so it's nice to see prices falling.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:33 am

Always skeptical of someone who posts something like this the same day they register. :-"
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:37 pm

LottyZak wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 am
Hi...i have taken the step to test it. I had the voltmeter and amp meter hooked up for the run.
Amps were right at 60 the whole time. Volts dropped to 12.78V initially when I first turned the motor on, but only fell to 12.77 by the end of the run. No noticeable loss in power at all, but relatively speaking, the test was very mild.
Must be someone from China doing some misleading PR for these batteries? ....pretending to be a happy battery consumer/tester? -relatively speaking..... LOl
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

FishingFool
Commodore

Post by FishingFool » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:48 pm

Sideburns wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:37 pm
LottyZak wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 am
Hi...i have taken the step to test it. I had the voltmeter and amp meter hooked up for the run.
Amps were right at 60 the whole time. Volts dropped to 12.78V initially when I first turned the motor on, but only fell to 12.77 by the end of the run. No noticeable loss in power at all, but relatively speaking, the test was very mild.
Must be someone from China doing some misleading PR for these batteries? ....pretending to be a happy battery consumer/tester? -relatively speaking..... LOl
I think its a bot.