BEST WAY TO COOK BROOK TROUT

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
Dave M
Warrant Officer

BEST WAY TO COOK BROOK TROUT

Post by Dave M » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:20 am

Looking for recipes for brookies. Have heard not to bother trying to fillet them.

Diverdoyle
Petty Officer

Re: BEST WAY TO COOK BROOK TROUT

Post by Diverdoyle » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:20 am

if its out in the bush butterfly them and cook over the coals kinda bushcraft style off a stick at home just pan fry in a cast iron pan

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:14 pm

I always liked a quick roll in some flour and pan fry with butter. Makes a nice crispy skin, worked for any trout we caught out camping, rainbows, brooks, or cuts. Best right from the lake into the frying pan over the fire.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:47 pm

If your brookie is 12"+ filet it. chop some pistacio nuts (shell removed) until it is fine enough to bread the meat side of the filet, then drizzle pesto on that bake at 350f skinside down in the pan. brookies are my favorite fish to eat.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:27 am

jonb wrote:If your brookie is 12"+ filet it. chop some pistacio nuts (shell removed) until it is fine enough to bread the meat side of the filet, then drizzle pesto on that bake at 350f skinside down in the pan. brookies are my favorite fish to eat.
I missed this one Jon. That sounds good though, will have to try it if I find any that size. So far I have only seen little guys.