State To Fine Violators

Our hardshelled friends found here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

State To Fine Violators

Post by racfish » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:49 am

Another Wa state Joke.They are gonna fine crabbers a whopping ten dollars for not writing in your card and sending it in.How stupid is that?If a person isnt gonna report his catch nor legally retain crabs I doubt a 10.00 fine will deter anyone.Why not make it a 1000.00 dollar fine.Then folks will send them back in.For a mere 10.00 whose gonna sweat it.What does the state hope to achieve with a 10 buck ticket.It'll cost the state 100.00 to send out a 10.00 ticket.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:State To Fine Violators

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:59 am

racfish wrote:Another Wa state Joke.They are gonna fine crabbers a whopping ten dollars for not writing in your card and sending it in.How stupid is that?If a person isnt gonna report his catch nor legally retain crabs I doubt a 10.00 fine will deter anyone.Why not make it a 1000.00 dollar fine.Then folks will send them back in.For a mere 10.00 whose gonna sweat it.What does the state hope to achieve with a 10 buck ticket.It'll cost the state 100.00 to send out a 10.00 ticket.
It does make you wonder what they are thinking sometimes. Ive had places harass me when closing out an account or paying/recieving an odd bill where the ammount they wanted was under a dollar... and if you dont respond, they spend more money sending you notices for that change.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:43 pm

thank you washington state im :shaking: in my boooooooots#-o

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:50 pm

racfish wrote:Another Wa state Joke.They are gonna fine crabbers a whopping ten dollars for not writing in your card and sending it in.How stupid is that?If a person isnt gonna report his catch nor legally retain crabs I doubt a 10.00 fine will deter anyone.Why not make it a 1000.00 dollar fine.Then folks will send them back in.For a mere 10.00 whose gonna sweat it.What does the state hope to achieve with a 10 buck ticket.It'll cost the state 100.00 to send out a 10.00 ticket.
I've yet to hear if this has become official, it has been a rumor on internet forums for the past few months.

Racfish, do you have any link to a WDFW release? I'm not challenging you, I'm curious to read it myself if it is in fact true.

$10? I don't see how it could help that much. How are they going to enforce it?

But the idea of a fine is one of the best ways to increase the amount of cards they get back. Those cards are important for the WDFW to get back and not as many people send them back as they like.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:18 pm

ya, i think it was in the Times or PI outdoor where i read it. I think it is still in the "proposal" stage. How about this....instead of a FINE....reward people. Give everyone $1-2 off next years license if they return the card. The angler pays less, and so does the state. everyone wins!!!
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:36 am

the way i heard they would enforce it is by not allowing someone to purchase a license next year until they paid the 10 bucks. Which of course you would do then, cuz 10 bucks ain't nothing.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:14 am

Sammy I read it in the Sunday Morning Post Intelligencer.If I had a secret link to the state Id be a happy clam.Im just a normal taxpayer.(normal in my eyes of course)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:32 am

Drewp wrote:the way i heard they would enforce it is by not allowing someone to purchase a license next year until they paid the 10 bucks. Which of course you would do then, cuz 10 bucks ain't nothing.
Ten dollars is a lot to some of us! I am one of them!
I read that they would not issue the new license until the fine was paid.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:14 am

I wasnt meaning that 10 bucks was a drop in the bucket but if the state wants results then a 10 buck fine is a joke seeing that they will spend 50.00 on sending it out.I say if you want people to report crabbing then scare the Bejeezus out of them with a 500.00 fine.That'll turn a few non reporters into honest people.(Maybe)I think its very strange that for all the crabbing that goes on in 8.1-8.2 I've never seen a warden once.There must be too many donut shops in around the area.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:52 am

Ah.. this is so frustrating, the whole catch record/license thing. don't get me wrong, i understand the reason for the catch record card. this allows us to keep track of the takings, and maybe even have a winter crabbing season take place..
Point being though that i pulled out my license and c/record card the other day and it has completly faded so that you cannot read a single thing. I am so frustrated with the crappy paper that they use, ( I know that this point has been made already on this website) my plan was to wait until I get the reminder thing in the mail, and then fill that out and send it.
Anyone have a link to where i can write state and give my thoughts on the paper they use?#-o
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:09 pm

I did already Quad.I called Olympia and complained to the main office.Their reply to me was"Other states use them and theyve worked fine,so we do it too."
Thats a typical state answer.My crab license has been soaked twice and those 90 degree days faded it black.I want to sell mine on ebay next to the toilets our mayor sold.Youd think with all the paper mills in Wa State wed use a local paper.Maybe even support American Labor.Fat chance.....Im sending mine in not giving it over the phone.If they want to try to figure it out go for it.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:09 pm

quadradomus wrote: Anyone have a link to where i can write state and give my thoughts on the paper they use?#-o
Send that faded paper in. I have a feeling that if they get a bunch of them back, then they'll reconsider it.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Toni wrote:
Drewp wrote:the way i heard they would enforce it is by not allowing someone to purchase a license next year until they paid the 10 bucks. Which of course you would do then, cuz 10 bucks ain't nothing.
Ten dollars is a lot to some of us! I am one of them!
I read that they would not issue the new license until the fine was paid.
I meant ten dollars ain't nothing to keep folks from not turning in their catch cards. If it's too much, there's an easy way to avoid paying: turn in your catch card.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:32 pm

10$

i could collect the pocket change people at my school just drop on the floor/give to me or other people over the course of one day and get more than that!

beleive me i cought on to this half way through the year and started collecting everything but pennies that i saw and ened up with 200$ at the end of the year!!!!
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.