hunting hancock timber

All things related to hunting.
tight lines
Petty Officer

hunting hancock timber

Post by tight lines » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:37 pm

so who has a pass and is going hunting modern deer this year. i have been seeing a ton of bucks out there the last couple of weeks.
If you love something set it free if it don't come back hunt it down and kill it.

kuokoa63
Angler

Re: hunting hancock timber

Post by kuokoa63 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 am

My family and I have modern firearm lic. & tags. Would be interested in knowing where to hunt?

arniejl
Warrant Officer

Post by arniejl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Wife and I have the pass. We did not get to scout much, at all, this year as I was always fishing and then they shut it down in August. I have a friend who knows the area well and he marked some spots on the map for me. As far as this week-end, we may make it out there but I have to watch Oklahoma and Texas first:) Sooner football is always more important than deer hunting, well, at least since I have meat from the elk I got.

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

i got a pass and would be interested in spending some time with ya. which plot are you looking at? i live in north bend and hunt the plot out here.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:18 am

How do you get a pass? I was looking to hunt around the Snoqualmie/North Bend area myself.

Rich

EDIT: Almost sorry I asked. Kinda pricy.

https://www.hancockrecreationnw.com/sno ... snoqualmie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI, this is posted on Hancocks website.

All areas are temporarily CLOSED for ALL recreation access due to high fire danger. [cursing]

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am

GOOD NEWS!!!

Snoqualmie, White River, Kapowsin, & Eatonville Tree Farms will open 1 1/2 hours before sunrise on Saturday October 13th. Be sure to have a fire extingisher and shovel with you.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:38 am

Don't wear blaze orange, someone might mistake you for a forest fire. [biggrin]
Rain is coming and none too soon.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 am

Yea, we got drenched. I was having a good time but the 11 year old wasn't. Looking forward to this upcoming weekend!

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 am

Where did you end up going?

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:23 am

Hancock Snoqualmie. We walked in.

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 am

i hope you got a pass before you decided to walk in!

its still private land and if you do not have a hancock pass they will ticket/arrest you. i know the warden is up there as i have been checked multiple times. each time he has asked for my pass as the rules require you to have one on your person at all times.

this is a new rule this year as you MUST have a pass no matter what, even for walk ins.

with the new trespassing laws that just passed, its no longer a ticket. they take your game, your gun, your truck, your everything.

just a heads up.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 am

bugmasta wrote:i hope you got a pass before you decided to walk in!

its still private land and if you do not have a hancock pass they will ticket/arrest you. i know the warden is up there as i have been checked multiple times. each time he has asked for my pass as the rules require you to have one on your person at all times.

this is a new rule this year as you MUST have a pass no matter what, even for walk ins.

with the new trespassing laws that just passed, its no longer a ticket. they take your game, your gun, your truck, your everything.

just a heads up.

Yup, sure enough. Got a family walk in pass. https://www.hancockrecreationnw.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Looking to get a 'Motorized Vehicle' pass for next year as soon as they go on sale.

Thanks for the heads up tho, that new law sure would make for a painfull mistake. I would HATE to have to explain to my wife how I lost a $40,000 truck +all my gear because I didn't want to drop $16 bucks on a family pass for me and the kid. #-o

That wouldn't go over well at all.

I also stopped at the Forest Service Office in Northbend and got a NF annual pass ($30) and a killer high detail map ($7)

WDFW DNR - Check
National Forest - Check
Hancock - Check
Discover Pass - Check

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:04 pm

I get the FS pass every year, I never know where I'm going to end up exploring. Good for the launch at Cle Elum too and some camp grounds. I hate gettin out in the middle of no where, with a short walk to a lake only to think about a ticket all the way there and back.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 pm

PS a discover pass is still extortion after buying a hunt and fish......
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Bodofish wrote:PS a discover pass is still extortion after buying a hunt and fish......

Yea, I agree. I would think my WDFW DNR parking pass's (we have 4 now) should be good at the state parks too.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Rich McVey wrote:
Bodofish wrote:PS a discover pass is still extortion after buying a hunt and fish......

Yea, I agree. I would think my WDFW DNR parking pass should be good at the state parks too.
Anywhere on State land, I can live without Parks but the State Forests, they want you to have one. I've never been told to leave with out one but I think parking would get you a ticket.

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm

the vehicle pass is AWESOME!!!!!!

i have driven in 15 miles (not as the crow flies, but as the logging road turns). would never even think about hiking that far, let alone try and pack an animal out.

my buddies and I call it the "redneck country club" as you get a numbered key and you can access any of the land. you also do not need a discovery pass when on hancock land. its nice to just get away from all the "riff-raff" that shoot at noise and do not identify their target.

the other bonus with the vehicle pass is you can take out 4 cords of wood. more than enough to pay for your pass whether you use it yourself or sell it.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 pm

bugmasta wrote:the vehicle pass is AWESOME!!!!!!

i have driven in 15 miles (not as the crow flies, but as the logging road turns). would never even think about hiking that far, let alone try and pack an animal out.

my buddies and I call it the "redneck country club" as you get a numbered key and you can access any of the land. you also do not need a discovery pass when on hancock land. its nice to just get away from all the "riff-raff" that shoot at noise and do not identify their target.

the other bonus with the vehicle pass is you can take out 4 cords of wood. more than enough to pay for your pass whether you use it yourself or sell it.

4... [confused]

I see 5 on the firewood program page. And... technically its for personal use, I don't know if selling it is proper. [omg]

Were installing an efficient wood stove in my garage so the fire wood is really going to be nice next year.

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 pm

they may have increased it to 5. my original paperwork says 4. but 5 is even better.

i live in north bend and personally know of people who collect wood and sell it.

i just collect it and give it to my brother who uses a wood burning stove in his shop.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Well great, now Im about to have a stroke wanting to get out of here (work) and go play in the bushes. Nothing really I can do till the weekend... sigh