Second Ammendment, what does it mean to you?

All things related to hunting.
Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Last edited by Rich McVey on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Second Ammendment, what does it mean to you?

Post by Amx » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:31 pm

"Individuals keeping and baring arms."

And THAT has been proven by reading and paying attention to the notes of all those who wrote the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independance.
Last edited by Amx on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Amx wrote:"Individuals keeping and baring arms."

In PA the police hazed a guy that ever legal right to bare (carry), come to find out... the police didnt know the law allowing open carry. Very surprising. After an hour of running him thru the ringer, they gave him everything back including his gun and let him continue on his way.

I have been reading articles and news from around the country and its surprising how many states and cities have place heavy restrictions on the ability to carry. I understand the need to keep guns from the punks and thugs, but that is specifically why the law abiding, licensed, citizens should not be restricted as heavily as they are.

Listening to this story (LINK) really makes one think. 23 murdered, 20 more injured. No one had a gun to stop it. I dont suggest everyone carry, it can be down right inconvenient and uncomfortable, but more good people should. I get a lot of people that ask why. Why keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen..? In case you need it.

Luby's massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby'massacre

I was 23 and station at FtHood and lived in Kileen when this happened.

Pro or Con, I'd like to hear you thoughts.

Be safe.
Last edited by Rich McVey on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:49 am

/
Last edited by The Quadfather on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:03 pm

it means i carry everyday and everywhere!
LIP RIPPER

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:19 pm

They all need to be revamped. What was great in 1776 isnt so great now. Freedom of speech is gone,Right to bear arms is only for gang members. I used to pack heat everywhere but I just dont live in fear. I pack more for fishing to protect mysrelf from feral dogs and rattlers. But what needs to be carried. I usually have a 38 special or a 22LR revolver. Thats all I need. To carry a 9mm howitzer is an overkill.JMO.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:14 pm

To have a gun on you is not living in FEAR. fear is when you are staring down the barrel of some desperate criminals gun that does not care if you live or die. People these days will harm you for a dollar and not give a second thought to it. It is people's choice to be prepared for things like earthquakes and such. why not be prepared to keep yourself safe? I guess we will hope that you survive an attack so you can use your cell phone to call for help when you were violated and left bleeding, oh wait they took your phone. huh..... the strong will survive, bull pucky the prepared will survive. If more law abiding citizens carried weapons the crime will plummit. do you have insurance on your house, car, boat, and anything else of value? why? is it fear or just in case something happens to them. does that mean your life is not worth anything. carrying a weapon is a huge responsibility just like driving or taking care of your children and needs to be done right. don't be scared. after saying all that I hope I never have to deploy my weapon on any human for any reason but if the time comes I will be ready, or will you beg for your life to some crack head. I don't beg I am an AMERICAN!
LIP RIPPER

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Protect and Preserve. If laws take are guns away, only the bad guys will have them.
Makes alot of sence, sometimes I really can't figure out why our governing bodies are so
stupid.
Cast first, worry later.

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:30 am

I Open Carry offten not because I live in fear it is because I Plain and Simply want too. It is My right to do so.

As for Re-vamping the constitution. I will have to Strongly disagree with that comment.

Leave it as it is. Why change it?
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

deepbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by deepbuzzer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:09 pm

It means I can carry open as legally to do so and to carry with my permit at all times.

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 pm

To me it means not only do I have a right to keep and bear arms but also a personal responsibility to do so. If you read early commentary from our founding fathers as to why this was such an important amendment, it is easily understood that they intended it to mean more than just a individual right. To say that the concerns of the bill of rights by our founding fathers doesnt apply to todays society is in my opinion very naive. Their concerns were exactly about what is going on today in our society. They sought freedom from a tyrannous government. Today in the news their are several elected officials including a sitting governor who says that they would like to suspend our rights as citizens for the purpose of progress. Yes that really was said and by more than one elected official, rights that include our ability to vote. Is there really anyone out there that believes government knows better than "we the people". [thumbdn]
Now I will get off the soapbox and digress. ](*,)
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Good topic-

I am an avid hunter and I love my guns. I live in a place, the Yakima Valley, where there are drive bys, murders, shootings, at least once a week. Yet, I don't feel like I need to carry when I go to the store to get some milk, or drop my kids off at school. I DO feel like I need to carry when I am out fishing or in the wilderness somewhere which most of the time is out of the valley. To me, the issue is the RIGHT not necessarily the arms. When we start trying to take a way rights, we are in a world of hurt. It is like anything else though, immigration, arms, abortion, you name it, it is still going to happen whether you like it or not.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm

What the 2nd amendment means to me -

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:45 am

natetreat wrote:What the 2nd amendment means to me -

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So what are you trying to say Nate you can read and comprehend the English language and take it for what it says. Thats just plain crazy talk.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:03 am

chefjake99 wrote:
natetreat wrote:What the 2nd amendment means to me -

So what are you trying to say Nate you can read and comprehend the English language and take it for what it says. Thats just plain crazy talk.
"the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

It doesn't give you the right to shoot people in cold blood, to rob liquor stores, to wave it around and intimidate people. But you have the right to own and use guns to protect you and yours against the people that would. Not just for hunting deer or for shooting squirrels. To shoot people. Criminal people.

dicinu
Commander

Re: Second Ammendment, what does it mean to you?

Post by dicinu » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Well the folks In Cali do not have the right to Bare arms aka Open carry that is a right that was recently taken away from them!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Aside from carrying for protection, I enjoy shooting. It is a fun pass time and it gives me an excuse to spend more time in the outdoors.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:23 pm

If I recall, the founding fathers had personal protection from a oppresive government in mind.

Somehow it still feels that way with the attempted limited rights on access, to good people, goin on with the legilation. [cursing]

Truthfully, there are only 3 thing I want to shoot/kill.

1) Respectfully, Deer
2) Respectfully, Elk
3) With a boot to the head, every kitty eating carnivor that comes on my property.

Really have no desire to have that confrontation with a human. They would have to be a real POS for me to not have guilt later.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:56 pm

it means alot to me. grew up around hunting, i shoot when i get the chance to. feeling that i have some sort of protection.