08 Northeast Wa whitetail forecast ?

All things related to hunting.
eustace
Lieutenant

08 Northeast Wa whitetail forecast ?

Post by eustace » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:01 pm

For those of you who travel to the northeast corner of the state for your whitetail, this winter has been a doosey. I can't say for certian how the deer did or are doing, but, I suspect not so good. Driving from wellpenit the other day along long lake there were hundreds of deer and they didn't look to healthy. Last night I seen 1 deer in a field near my place and usually by this time of year I see multitudes that have migrated back.
Well its not called Catching!

Palmer
Warrant Officer

RE:08 Northeast Wa whitetail forecast ?

Post by Palmer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:25 pm

I've talked to the locals and because we had a late winter and the break in the weather in late February, the deer did fine. Expect to see more deer in the fall of '08.

We had 3 Moose in our yard last February.
Tug's the Drug

Palmer
Warrant Officer

Post by Palmer » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 am

Last year We found a large hunting group or outfitter with a hut elevated with 10 feeders. They were shooting at least 3 times a day. We didn't see any large trophy class bucks all weekend.

I learned that if someone has several feeders and is hunting a lot of people than move to another area. I suspect my favorite spot won't be good for a couple years if the feeder group goes to another location next year.
Tug's the Drug

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:01 pm

we have property across from Deep Lake (north of Colville), and, all reports have been the winter was rough, but, numbers should be up!!!!

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:27 pm

I am waiting to see the amount of last year fawns that made it through. I still am not seeing very many deer were I live like I should by now. But there is still snow over here. Where I live is probley one of the hardest hit areas like, north Spokane Co, south Pond Oreille Co and south east Stevens Co. Chawelah and Colville didn't get near as much snow as we did. But just go to Deer Lake and there is still 30plus inches on the ground. :-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well its not called Catching!