Securing battery box to 8-10' pontoon, err?? Help

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Securing battery box to 8-10' pontoon, err?? Help

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:10 pm

](*,) If anyone has a pontoon boat, typical 8-10' type pontoon, and you are running it with a battery box on the rear decking platform, please post up how you are securing the battery box to the deck.

I am about to roll out on maidem voyage in the AM. I have an 8' Outcast Pontoon, sheet metal rear deck platform. Purchased the Minn Kota Power Center (battery box) comes with lovely strap which is great for a bench seat in a boat. Not functional for this decking.
What have you guys done to secure it both front to back and left-right?
Bungie cords seem a little to weak for a type 24 battery.
Darn pic not loading.. Says "Invalid". Huh?? I load pics all the time,, it's not a size issue, it would have said too large, etc.

db340
Petty Officer

Re: Securing battery box to 8-10' pontoon, err?? Help

Post by db340 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Would adding a couple of footman loops and using the belt/strap that came with the box work? strap and loops could be used to tie down anything when not using the pontoon with the motor and battery and are pretty unobtrusive when not needed.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Securing battery box to 8-10' pontoon, err?? Help

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:19 am

:silent:
db340 wrote:Would adding a couple of footman loops and using the belt/strap that came with the box work? strap and loops could be used to tie down anything when not using the pontoon with the motor and battery and are pretty unobtrusive when not needed.
Bingo!
I had to Google, 'Footman loop'. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Thanks for that.