Lowrance HDS gen 2 chart cursor coordinates

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
cajunlat
Angler

Lowrance HDS gen 2 chart cursor coordinates

Post by cajunlat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:02 pm

For some reason, both my touch HDS 9 and HDS 7 no longer show cursor details (Lat/Lonf/distance to point) when you place the curser on the map. I must have jacked up something in the settings. Both use point 1 gps and are using the NMEA 2000 system. It's getting real frustrating. Can someone help?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Lowrance HDS gen 2 chart cursor coordinates

Post by Bodofish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:26 am

cajunlat wrote:For some reason, both my touch HDS 9 and HDS 7 no longer show cursor details (Lat/Lonf/distance to point) when you place the curser on the map. I must have jacked up something in the settings. Both use point 1 gps and are using the NMEA 2000 system. It's getting real frustrating. Can someone help?
Reset to factory and go from there. Or you could read the manual. I know my lowrance manual is quite thick but to be fair it does have several languages.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:52 am

I find it much easier to RTFM if you download the manual to your computer first. Then you can search for key words where ever they show up. Its a lot faster than thumbing through the entire manual.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:24 am

I find I have plenty of help dialing in the FF. A quick reset to factory and I'm ready to set it the way I like it. It's the first thing support will ask you if you've tried.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!