Montana Vacation

Post your exotic destination fishing reports here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
B-Hall
Petty Officer

Montana Vacation

Post by B-Hall » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:26 pm

I am vacationing near Great Falls, MT for a few days this week. Where would you guys recommend fishing around there? I have a friend that lives there, but he has only been fishing for a year or so. Just wanted to see if there were some other opinions.

Thanks

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Montana Vacation

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:56 pm

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:10 am

What do you want to fish for? There are all kinds of fish to target... What kind of gear are you taking???
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

SAPIplate
Warrant Officer

Post by SAPIplate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:25 pm

The Mo' is fuckin sweet. Probably my favorite river in Montana. It's super technical so just be aware of that if your fishing there. Also, Belt Creek around the Sluice Boxes State Park is an awesome river. I gots me a 20" first cast Brown this summer there. My Dad and I never caught anything under 15" there.
Release Wild Steelhead
Pink Salmon Fan
Salmo trutta