Question about Winter bottom fishing.

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kwonkai234
Petty Officer

Question about Winter bottom fishing.

Post by kwonkai234 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:00 pm

i recently started fishing and dipped my toe in flounder fishing from the shore. its been awesome during the summer time but i was wondering if i can still fish for them during the winter time. i read somewhere that they migrate deeper when its cold so they would be out of my reach from piers if they do. thank you for any and all advice you guys can give me

rayzorsan
Petty Officer

Re: Question about Winter bottom fishing.

Post by rayzorsan » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:56 am

Hey Kwonkai,

Not sure if your goal is EXCLUSIVELY flounder. However, if you are open to other fish winter perch are great from the pier, drop rig with 2 small hooks and a piece of shrimp. If you get to the pier at incoming/slack, you should get some nibbles.