Kayak point pier question.

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kwonkai234
Petty Officer

Kayak point pier question.

Post by kwonkai234 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:39 am

Are you able to fish for catfish from the pier in kayak point? And if so what is the best set up? I'm new to the northwest and in meed of much of your wisdom!

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Kayak point pier question.

Post by BentRod » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:25 am

If it's the same Kayak Point I'm familiar with, then you'll not find catfish there. That's a saltwater environment, so Starry Flounder, sand dabs, rat fish, and Dogfish (sand shark) will be your primary catches, as well as salmon during certain times of the year (when open). If you're looking for fresh water, then look at the local rivers and lakes. Catfish isn't the most targeted species in western Washington, but if that's what you're looking for, then there are some lakes around that hold populations. If you cross reference lakes in your area with the lakes index on this board, you should be able to find if there are catfish in the system or as about a specific lake on the forum.
Welcome to Washington.

kwonkai234
Petty Officer

Post by kwonkai234 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:59 pm

Sorry my phone auto corrected. Meant to ask about flat fish lol. Than k you for the reply!

kwonkai234
Petty Officer

Post by kwonkai234 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:01 am

My phone auto corrected flat fish into cat fish lol. Thank you for the reply.