Boatless Salmon fishing, Sunday 9/20 (Seattle)

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
victorfarteaga
Angler

Boatless Salmon fishing, Sunday 9/20 (Seattle)

Post by victorfarteaga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Went fishing last saturday in Whidbey Island. Tried Keystone first thing in the morning, then moved to Bush Point. DId not catch any and didn't see anyone catching an fish either. Left around noon.

Any suggestions for this Sunday? Heard last weekend that the Duwamish would have been a better option.

Thanks!

Victor.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Re: Boatless Salmon fishing, Sunday 9/20 (Seattle)

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Whidbey has been pretty slow this summer. My friend went further north to Fort Casey this weekend and a few were caught. Mostly wild fish though, which need to be released in that Marine Area. Head for the rivers or stick around and keep waiting for the ocean fish at the beaches? I would probably hit the river if I had limited lime and wanted to get the most out of it.

Speedbird 48
Petty Officer

Post by Speedbird 48 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:05 pm

How safe are the Duwamish access points? I am not familiar with South Seattle but I know it gets sketchy in some places

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:56 pm

Speedbird 48 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:05 pm
How safe are the Duwamish access points? I am not familiar with South Seattle but I know it gets sketchy in some places
I need to walk through a homeless encampment to get to my honey hole. Scares the crap out of me.