Fall Salmon Fishing Puget Sound Area

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Speedbird 48
Petty Officer

Fall Salmon Fishing Puget Sound Area

Post by Speedbird 48 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:39 pm

I just opened up the regs and saw that Area 10 is open for Coho. Are there any Coho left in the sound this time of the year? I have been busy with school, so I couldn't hit the lower rivers at their peak in September-early October. Is it too late for me to pick some fish up without a roadtrip East?

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Re: Fall Salmon Fishing Puget Sound Area

Post by fisherman92 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:57 pm

I catch coho in the rivers until January almost February every year, lots are dime bright ones too (not that I can keep them that time of year since I'm steelhead fishing and they're not open). The water has been hit and miss since I am busy working M-F.. either blown out or too low it seems. But there still plenty of coho in the rivers still I'm sure depending on the system and runs. Just got to find those finicky coho.

Speedbird 48
Petty Officer

Re: Fall Salmon Fishing Puget Sound Area

Post by Speedbird 48 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:07 pm

fisherman92 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:57 pm
I catch coho in the rivers until January almost February every year, lots are dime bright ones too (not that I can keep them that time of year since I'm steelhead fishing and they're not open). The water has been hit and miss since I am busy working M-F.. either blown out or too low it seems. But there still plenty of coho in the rivers still I'm sure depending on the system and runs. Just got to find those finicky coho.
Gonna give the Stilly a go whenever I have time. Do you know if I have any hope of hooking a Chum in the Central Puget Sound? Or are they all in the South/Hood canal area?