Tulalip fishery question-report

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ScottinMilton
Petty Officer

Tulalip fishery question-report

Post by ScottinMilton » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:06 am

I was up at the bubble last sat and fished a couple hours no take downs but arrived late lots of boats reporting a great bite early with several boats stating they had caught two fish but I had never fished there before and am planning on going back this Friday [confused] and was wondering if anybody who fishes there could give me some advice like gear speed and depth. [confused]
SCOTT JOHNSON
MILTON WA 98354
15 Boston whaler 50 hp Merc 6hp Merc
19 Arima Seachaser S/T 150 Yamaha 9.9 Yamaha =D>

ScottinMilton
Petty Officer

Re: Tulalip fishery question-report

Post by ScottinMilton » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:32 pm

crickets what nobody ever fish it? thought this was a fishing forum apparently nobody hear has time to reply to questions 160 views ZERO replies . here is a quick report caught one friday 26 lbs sat wdfw closed the fishery 70 feet on the wire with current at 2 mph green label above a flasher on the ball
WDWF sucks why close a fishery thats only open fri -noon monday in the middle I lost moorage and hotel fees as I was planning to fish all three days if they needed to close should have been done prior to 48 hour before opening so that we don't eat unnecessary costs I would have fished lapush [thumbdn] :ncool: :thumbdown
SCOTT JOHNSON
MILTON WA 98354
15 Boston whaler 50 hp Merc 6hp Merc
19 Arima Seachaser S/T 150 Yamaha 9.9 Yamaha =D>

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Post by kodacachers » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:58 am

Hi Scott, I didn't respond because I've never fished the bubble. There are several reports on it that include some pretty detailed info.

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Ditto Kodachers response. At least you were able to get a nice one! It does suck that they closed that in the middle with little warning, they had to know it was coming and should have made the announcement earlier. I have been wanting to fish the bubble, but looks like I will have to wait until next year.
I agree that it has been harder to get intel here, but there is good data from the past, just takes some searching.

Elston
Angler

Post by Elston » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:44 am

Well, when it was open... 130ft on the finder 80ft on the down rigger. 1.8- 2.5 mph 2.5" any of your usual king rigs work well here.