Birch Bay Salmon Fishing Question

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bluebiller
Petty Officer

Birch Bay Salmon Fishing Question

Post by bluebiller » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:37 pm

Anyone ever fish from shore for salmon at Birch Point, Birch Bay Campground, or Point Whitehorn? Located in Area 7 close to Blaine and NW of Bellingham.
I'm camping this w/e there any wondering if salmon fishing from shore at High Tide is any good. Any info, appreciated! Thanks.

Bluebiller
bluebiller
Kent, WA
"fish-on"

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Re: Birch Bay Salmon Fishing Question

Post by branweeds » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:33 pm

I’ve never tried it personally but for what it’s worth I know a few people that have done well fishing beaches up there before. Dakota Creek also fishes well near the mouth. I bet with some luck you could definitely manage a salmon from shore.

bluebiller
Petty Officer

Re: Birch Bay Salmon Fishing Question

Post by bluebiller » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:30 pm

The post before yours (since deleted) told me that the Area 7 Emergency Rules were in effect which closed all salmon fishing. I verified and it was correctly stated. I canceled my camping trip there immediately (bummer).
Thanks for your input and to the previous poster's post (since deleted).
bluebiller
Kent, WA
"fish-on"