Charter Recommendations in Puget Sound

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
natenez
Warrant Officer

Charter Recommendations in Puget Sound

Post by natenez » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:43 pm

I was talking w/ a friend of mine recently and he was saying that he heard that salmon fishing in the strait of Juan De Fuca was good at this time of year. We thought it would be fun to give it a try - however neither of us are experience fishing in salt water or have a boat.

So we were thinking about hiring a charter to take us out. Searching on-line I found a couple places, but I was wondering if there was any charter company people would recommend.

Thanks
Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Charter Recommendations in Puget Sound

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:58 pm

you could give www.excelfishingcharters.com a look over. I met captian Tom at the Puyallup show. Nice guy. Disclaimer - they signed up as sponsors. Anyway, they do Puget Sound. Tell him you heard about them on WL.com! Good luck :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:32 pm

AllStarFishing Charters
Tyee Charters
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am

Gary Krein at All Star Fishing Charters. 30+ years charter captain. He really knows his stuff.
Life's short - fish hard!

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:30 pm

natenez wrote:I was talking w/ a friend of mine recently and he was saying that he heard that salmon fishing in the strait of Juan De Fuca was good at this time of year. We thought it would be fun to give it a try - however neither of us are experience fishing in salt water or have a boat.

So we were thinking about hiring a charter to take us out. Searching on-line I found a couple places, but I was wondering if there was any charter company people would recommend.

Thanks
You may want to check out this link; http://www.salmonuniversity.com/Guides% ... .html#wash

stanford
Petty Officer

Post by stanford » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 pm

I would go with KCW Fishing Services, the guide really knows what he is doing, and I caught my biggest king with him! Check out the link on SALMON U for more charters.....
Kyles Outdoor Adventure Fishing Services check it out?

Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

Post by Bro-Rando » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:01 pm

I worked the test boat for WDFW this past summer in area 9. I was on the water every day for the whole selective chinook fishery, which you might have heard wasn't what it was in '07. Anyhow, I would daily talk to Gary Klein from Allstar, and even on the slowest days he could get on the fish. Plus, it's real professional operation with some great guys and awesome boats.
Certainty is for those who have learned and believed only one truth...

natenez
Warrant Officer

Post by natenez » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:29 am

A report on this - we went out this last Sat w/ All Star Charters. Captain Gary was already booked so we went w/ his partner Captian Nick. It was a nice boat to fish from. We had a fun time, but fishing was slow - only landed 3 salmon. From what we heard it sounded like the other boats were doing about the same.

Anyway fun time - would definatly do it again.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:37 am

Go Figure:cheers: lol

How was the weather??:bigsmurf: :brilsmurf Caught a few hours yesterday and she was raining and blowing pretty large off PP and DB:chef: $
Attachments
Baby_Blackie_Bluffs_2008.jpg
Baby_Blackie_Bluffs_2008.jpg (66.01 KiB) Viewed 4268 times

natenez
Warrant Officer

Post by natenez » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:25 pm

The weather was nice (for Feb) for the most part. Midmorning it got a bit windy and the current got strong, bu around 11 or so it settled down - the sun even came out for a little while.

Had no problem staying warm, and no rain fortunately.

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:58 am

:cheers: My vote goes to All Star Charters great people and fun time for all. Either boat/captain...doesn't make any difference. Go for it.:salut:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.