Ice Reports

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
raffensg64
Commander

RE:Ice Reports

Post by raffensg64 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Silver is hanging tough, and will only get better this week! Brrrrrrrrr......single digit temps in a few days according to Weather.com. My buddies and I have fished it a lot and have watched it make ice the last few days. Our hot holes were in ice that had dropped to under 4" but now has increased to 5". Not a lot but it's COLD and FIRM. Guys have walked clear across the lake, in a southeasterly direction, from the launch. They made it......not that I'd try it! Will probably be back to 6-7" by Friday. The ice closer to the banks is still holding at 8" and will be much better soon.

Use caution when heading due south from the public boat launch. About 100 yards past the red boat house is a spring or something. I heard running water there a week ago and watched the ice disappear over a 3-4 day period. A large sliver of open water stretched about 50-60 yards off the bank. It's been refreezing at night but not enough to walk on. Just keep an eye out......you can see it from a distance.

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Elioka has good ice as well. I would say no less than 11" in most areas, even more in others. Bottom layer of clear ice is beginning to have some bubbles, but the ice will continue to be strong and hang around for a long while.

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Post by lonnie197272 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:38 pm

This was Banks today not sure what the ice is but there is open water just out from them not sure I would venture out there. This is just out from the Spillway on the South by Coulee City.
Attachments
banks_ice_2.JPG
banks_ice_2.JPG (124.98 KiB) Viewed 5450 times
banks_ice.JPG
banks_ice.JPG (49.15 KiB) Viewed 5449 times

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 am

How is Fish Lake, just looked at the webcam through Google and one day it had like 5-12 inches fall in a short period during the day! and ice up there? Looks like there is ALOT of snow on top of the ice!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Jay K
Warrant Officer

Post by Jay K » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Looks like Liberty's iced. Anybody know if there are springs you gotta worry about? Might take a look-see tomorrow, but it's a completely unfamiliar lake for me.

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Liberty Lake Ice Report.

Main boat launch, there is water for the first 20-40 feet from shore then ice starts. There was a guy on a platoon fishing it today in the open water. The County Park at the east end, the ice is 3-4 inches at shore but mushy and unsafe, but further out it looks much thinner. With all the warmer weather and rain, its only going to get worse.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah...looks like one last hoorah this weekend. Hopefully we can end on a good note going into spring fishing. I will start a a Thaw 2011 thread in a week or two to track what bodies of water are open, or at least fishable. Good luck everyone.

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm looking to find out how the ice is at Fish Lake by Lake Wenatchee and the ice up at Patterson Lake.. Anyone know? any info would be greatly appreciated!!
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:58 pm

I looked at the web cam for Fish earlier today, saw some guys walking on the ice a couple days ago, I didn't look to see if there were any BRAVE souls out there today.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 pm

MarkFromSea wrote:I looked at the web cam for Fish earlier today, saw some guys walking on the ice a couple days ago, I didn't look to see if there were any BRAVE souls out there today.
yeah I looked at the webcam a little while ago and it looked pretty good! so I might give it a whirl this weekend...
Ozzie

<><

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:05 pm

any news on how Roses Lake by Lake Chelan is? I dunno if its iced or if its ice free...
Ozzie

<><

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 am

Anyone know how Patterson Lake up by Winthrop is? I haven't been up there in a couple weeks and I was wondering if the ice was still good...
Ozzie

<><

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:11 pm

With all rain and mild temps, I'm sure it's not healthy. Rain will eat ice really quickly.

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:37 pm

this weekend i went to lost lake up on snoqualmie pass and had a great time. i drilled thru 4 feet of ice/slush/snow/water until i broke thru. the actuall ice depth is about 10 inches of very white or fractured ice. so i would say that it is going to be dangerous within the next 2 weeks or so. the snow/slush/water ontop of the ice is only making it rot faster. and with all the rain this week i would say my ice fishing is done for the year but i may try at least one more time.

if you go up to lost lake via a snowmachine (the only way to get there in the winter) be very carefull aof the hidden crevases. i got my snowmachine stuck for 18 hours in 9 feet of a vertical crevas only 25 yards away from the lake. but it was worth it as i did catch some nice fish for the day.

anyway to all of you i may have talked to over the winter have a great summer adn hope to see you on the ice for first ice next year.