ICE FISHING KOKANEE AROUND SPOKANE?

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fullybuilt2.0
Petty Officer

ICE FISHING KOKANEE AROUND SPOKANE?

Post by fullybuilt2.0 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Hey guys im was wondering if anyone knows or if theres even a lake around the Spokane area that has kokanee in it? Like in my other posts im fairly new to WA and this will he my first year here on the ice. I know that's theres a lot of lakes around that has Rainbows but I love smoked kokanees! Any info would be great! Thanks and good luck fishing;)

Augwen
Lieutenant

Re: ICE FISHING KOKANEE AROUND SPOKANE?

Post by Augwen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:37 am

Both Deer Lake and Loon Lake have Kokanee. Both are closed right now. Deer opens March 1. Loon at the end of April.

fullybuilt2.0
Petty Officer

Post by fullybuilt2.0 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:07 pm

Augwen wrote:Both Deer Lake and Loon Lake have Kokanee. Both are closed right now. Deer opens March 1. Loon at the end of April.
Thanks for the heads up [thumbup] So no ice fishing for kokanee then!! I guess ill try my lucky on rainbows! Thanks again I really do appreciate it [wink]

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Closest koke lakes to Spokane would be Chapman and Couer d'Alene. Chapman is closed for the season in addition to private access issues (it is privately owned) and last unoffocial word I heard was it was undergoing probate/estate hassles. Couer d'Alene is open year round, but, the koke fishery may be closed there. You'd have to check ID regs to find out. There have been a couple of recent reports of koke's caught in Rock Lake, but that would be purely hit or miss.

Oh, and I should add that these are not good ice fishing options either, Chapman's season closes end of Sep or Oct (forget which) and Couer d'Alene stays ice free with the exception of some bays. :)
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

fullybuilt2.0
Petty Officer

Post by fullybuilt2.0 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:23 pm

hewesfisher wrote:Closest koke lakes to Spokane would be Chapman and Couer d'Alene. Chapman is closed for the season in addition to private access issues (it is privately owned) and last unoffocial word I heard was it was undergoing probate/estate hassles. Couer d'Alene is open year round, but, the koke fishery may be closed there. You'd have to check ID regs to find out. There have been a couple of recent reports of koke's caught in Rock Lake, but that would be purely hit or miss.

Oh, and I should add that these are not good ice fishing options either, Chapman's season closes end of Sep or Oct (forget which) and Couer d'Alene stays ice free with the exception of some bays. :)
Thanks again [wink] I do have a all season fishing license in ID too but im manly focus on ice fishing for the kokanee. I rather fish for them during the ice cause they tend to swim in bigger schools and come up higher at times. I don't have a boat so would never go to couer d alene. I do have a really nice float tube but im not that crazy enough to go out there right now on it. I'm going to hit the ice Thursday (hog or fourth) so ill let you guys know how it was my firsttime here in WA. Thanks again and GL fishing!!