Soooooo Idaho ?

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sobrien
Petty Officer

Soooooo Idaho ?

Post by sobrien » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Hey all,

I know this is Washingtonlakes.com.... but does anyone have any info on Idaho ice fishing ? Link to a resource ? As most can tell I am new to the area and know zero sportsman....but Idaho is pretty close... any help ?

- Sean O.

lonnie197272
Warrant Officer

Re: Soooooo Idaho ?

Post by lonnie197272 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:32 am

I have fished Avandale pond many times thru the ice. Its pretty small and usually has good ice. You can get perch crappie and the occasional bass. I would check with Black sheep in CDA to see what else has been producing and has safe ice. Fernan is pretty good too but can get pretty busy. Its been a few years since I was there but was always a chance at a pike thru the ice. The north sportmans access on Hayden lake can work too. Hope this helps.

deepbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by deepbuzzer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 am

I don'[t ice fish , but I heard from a friend that says Hauser is fishing well right now for trout and perch.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Idaho has some awsome Ice fishing. I won't spend the money for an out of state licence right now, but .......

Wholesale Sports or Black Sheep in in CDA are great sources.

I do wish that more Idaho reports made in to this site.

Check out Cocolalla. I have seen some great trout and perch pulled from the ice about 8 years ago.

I susgest that you get the regs out, see what lakes are open for ice fishing, then ask us specific questions. Sorry, I wish I could tell you more.
Last edited by Anglinarcher on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Upper Twin Lake between Rathdrum and Spirit lake is a popular place to fish for Pike, perch and crappie. It has a lot of bluegill as well. I hear the ice is in good condition right now.