Molson Ice Fishing Festival

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Molson Ice Fishing Festival

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Here's a report from Dave Graybill on the recent ice fishing festival on Molson and Sidley lakes:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReadArticle.aspx?id=407

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Molson Ice Fihsing Festival

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Loved the info in the later part of the report.... Molson ought to get a permit to haul in some perch or something, 2 years with out a single fish caught at the festival. Sounds like fun was had by all though and all the prizes were awarded! Might keep it in mind for next year. Go for the food and fun!
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Augwen
Lieutenant

Re: Molson Ice Fishing Festival

Post by Augwen » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:23 am

Jeez....I saw the post heading and thought, finally a fishing tournament sponsored by a beer company! After reading it, if it had been a beer company they might have done better. No fish in 2 years...gotta be a record.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Molson Ice Fishing Festival

Post by MarkFromSea » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Augwen wrote:Jeez....I saw the post heading and thought, finally a fishing tournament sponsored by a beer company! After reading it, if it had been a beer company they might have done better. No fish in 2 years...gotta be a record.
It is connected, at least they are getting closer. LOL "Molson was founded in 1900 by promoter George B. Meacham, and investor John W. Molson (of the Molson beer brewing family)"

Now, they need some fish! [biggrin] Hey, it's only 273 miles from Kirkland..... I do that in my sleep.. LOL
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"