anyone up for lost lake this weekend?

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ice seaker
Petty Officer

anyone up for lost lake this weekend?

Post by ice seaker » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:06 pm

i have been wanting to try lost lake for awhile now since mid december i will be going there on saturday any one on the west side who wants to go i think it may be good if its not good there i have seen that kachees lake is frozen over and i may try that if its bad at lost lake.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ MAY ALL THE FISH YOU CATCH BE AS BIG AS THE STORIES YOU TELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ice seaker
Petty Officer

RE:anyone up for lost lake this weekend?

Post by ice seaker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:38 am

WOW what a great lake the ise is about 20-24 inches thick and no slush the fish are hitting everything i put down the hole i just had to find the right depth and now that i have that i think i will be able to get the lunkers that are in there. i meet this guy (terry) and his son they were riding there snow machines and talked to me for about 2 hours the lake is very easy to get to if you have a snow machine but if not its about a 4 mile walk but im sure you can bum a ride from the many other ppl there riding.
at one point there was about 20 other ppl playing football on the ice that was a riot to watch but after about 30 min they got cold and left. any way i will be going there form now on to the end and based on teh ice it looks like about at least 6 weeks more.

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 am

another great day on eht ice i fished on saturday and caught many fish all were small (7-10") but its all about catching them anyway. i released all of them they were to small to keep i was at he far end of the lake right by the cove that led to the stream on the south side. about 35 feet of water with a solid 2 feet of ice. there was a cap of 10 inches of snow adn if you shovel down then your on ice but as you drill your holes the water comes up. the lake lookes like maybe 2 more weeks of really great fishing then about 2 weeks at least of slush but stilll good ice. any way have a good day.

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:16 am

good morning had another good day fishing on saturday it snowed about 16 inches while i was there but the fIsh were hitting good. i had a MAJOR accident as i was getting ready to go home i started my snow machine and drove it down lake i ended up taking a jump and landed wrong i dislocated my shoulder and had tp go to the hosipital. THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HELPED BREAK DOWN MY GEAR AT THE LAKE AND LOAD MY SLED INTO MY TRUCK, AND THANK YOU TO THE RANGERS AND EMS PEOPLE WHO ASSISTED IN MY ISSUE. for every one out there the ice is great still 2 solid feet but now with over 2 feet of snow this will be alot of slush on top of the ice in the neer future if it warms up fast. hope to see you all out there hoprefully next weekend i have to give mt shoulder at least one week of down time.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:35 am

Which Lost Lake? When I hear that name I think of Mason County's Lost Lake.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:35 pm

i think its kechless county its right by the top of snoqualmie pass good snow good ice

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:01 pm

That would be Kittitas county. Check out the "lakes" link and look for it under the "alpine lakes index". You will find gps coordinates and a nice bathyspheric map as well.

stanford
Petty Officer

Post by stanford » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:22 am

kind of a late reply but I would go up there if I had a snow-mobile! That place is packed in with snow from what I understand. I fish and camp there alot in the Summer and there is some good triploids there. They live in that cold water so it makes the flesh stay more orange and "Fresh".

Good luck!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyles Outdoor Adventure Fishing Services check it out?

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:56 am

Still have not made it back after my accident my doctor told me that i should not try it again this year. but based onteh quality of the ice and the cold temps still up there i bet that it has good ice on it still. but over the last 3 weeks over 6 feet of snow fell so it would be really hard to get to now with all the shoveling to get ot the ice. but if any one goes out there please keep a ey out for a fishing pole that i lost durring the accident it would be over by the inlet at the far end of the lake.

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:08 am

any one been up to the lake is there still ice there? i have not been back yet but i heard that keechless still has ice. let me know if you have seen it.