Page 1 of 1

What is this hook?

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:15 am
by Got_the_point
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time poster here so excuse if this is in the wrong category.

I've been spending the better part of a week tracking down the exact brand of this special set of hooks given to me long ago by a Japanese fisherman.

They are "eyeless" (if that's their correct name) and this one has a flat pounded eye area. and a straight barb at the tip, pained black. Here is a picture for comparison, and the closest I can find is perhaps a Yamame hook

Any help would be very much appreciated.



Re: What is this hook?

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:34 am
by BentRod
Google “spade end” or “blind eye” hook.

They can be used for fly trailers or some people like fishing with them.

Re: What is this hook?

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:21 am
by Shad_Eating_Grin
lots of them on eBay from Asia-based sellers. I have hundreds that I got from a garage sale years ago. Still working through my supply. I use them just like I would any other hook, for trout, bottomfish, salmon, steelhead, freshwater fish, etc.