Can someone tell me how to use the blog??

Questions, concerns, support for our Members
fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Can someone tell me how to use the blog??

Post by fullstringer98 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:10 am

I really want to start with my blog but I have had a really hard time finding out how to make a post. Hopefully this can help others that have this sam question. Any help would be appreciated
Diehard 'Hawks fan

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

RE:Can someone tell me how to use the blog??

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:14 am

I know you have to be a premium member for blog posts,
not a premium member so not sure how to.
Good Luck!
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu May 26, 2011 3:18 am

fullstringer98 wrote:I really want to start with my blog but I have had a really hard time finding out how to make a post. Hopefully this can help others that have this sam question. Any help would be appreciated
Go to the Members tab and select - Blog Tools –

First – upper left corner – click “New Post”. This brings up a powerful text editor. There’s mouse-over help so run your pointer along the various boxes to see what they are for. Experiment – you won’t break anything! You can make your text as fancy or plain as you desire. You can add photos from your gallery or your computer. First, let’s enter a title and set the Status as public or private. Why private? Well, perhaps you want to remind yourself about a specific fishing location or technique and don’t want this information to be public, but you don’t want to trust your memory. That’s what private posts are for. So let’s add some pictures. You’ve already added pictures to your gallery and you can easily post these into you Blog. On the Toolbar, lower right side you’ll see a tab for “Insert Image from Gallery”. This will give you access to your various galleries. These will be numbered, not named so you may have to search a little bit to find your picture. Select your picture by clicking on it once. On the right side are tools to change the size and add a title. When done click “Insert” and the photo is added to your blog text box. Neat! By the way, the Image Gallery tool also allows you to add pictures from your computer to the gallery and make a new folder to hold pictures in.

Once you’ve created your blog, added pictures and have it the way you want, click “Save” and it’s posted. If you need to edit it – easy – just click edit in the upper right corner and save again. There’s also an option to delete it if you want.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Post by fullstringer98 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:31 am

Thanks Mike! I got it now. Im gonna experiment with it right now.
Diehard 'Hawks fan