Indian Creek Campground

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
jens
Commodore

Indian Creek Campground

Post by jens » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 am

Spot chosen by My honey and her BFF to go next weekend. Anyone ever camped/fished here?
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

rjn cajun
Captain

RE:Indian Creek Campground

Post by rjn cajun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:54 am

It will be packed 4th of july if that`s when your going We have friends with a cabin right by there. Nice and peaceful and shouldn`t be a hole lot of people there if it`s the week after. If you like to hike it`s a good place to go. When we go over there I hear the kids complain all weekend about not having anything to do. But for adults it`s peaceful. Couple creeks to fish in. Water`s still freezing not sure how good it will be but I`ve caught alot of trout out of there with the kids. Bumping lake is down the road. Now it will be packed. This is if your going 4th of july weekend. The weekend after will not have many people.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:50 am

rjn cajun wrote: It will be packed 4th of july if that`s when your going We have friends with a cabin right by there. Nice and peaceful and shouldn`t be a hole lot of people there if it`s the week after. If you like to hike it`s a good place to go. When we go over there I hear the kids complain all weekend about not having anything to do. But for adults it`s peaceful. Couple creeks to fish in. Water`s still freezing not sure how good it will be but I`ve caught alot of trout out of there with the kids. Bumping lake is down the road. Now it will be packed. This is if your going 4th of july weekend. The weekend after will not have many people.
Yeah, we are going next weekend. Thank you for your response. I'll write up a report when I get back..
How are the mosquitos?
"One more......."

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 am

There is none right now been to cold up there. But with the weather next week there might be a few. We`ve never had any trouble with them. Have fun

goforth777
Angler

Post by goforth777 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:04 am

I am in Yakima so know the area pretty well. Indian Creek Campground is on White Pass, Hwy 12 and haven't stayed there but fishing in the area is good. Rimrock for silvers. Clear Lake and Dog for trout. Leech on the Pass for fly fishing only has some big fish but need tube or small boat, Deer Lake is a short hike on the Crest Trail from there and can be good. Indian creek has so some stiff regulations so check your State Regs. Bull Trout in the area are definately off limits.

As to Bumping Lake it is on Chinook Pass Hwy 410. Indian Flat Campground is in the area but a lot of motorcycle dirt riders. There is a Indian Flat Pond there that is good early in the year.