Camping Around Forks

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
jsmith78
Petty Officer

Camping Around Forks

Post by jsmith78 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 am

Gonna be camping around the Forks area end of the month for 2 nights. Can anyone give me some info on some camping areas around Forks? We will be doing some fishing, hiking, sight seeing etc. The main 2 I have found were Mora and Hoh Campgrounds. I have not been able to really find much info on either one or any others.

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:Camping Around Forks

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:44 am

I just got back from 3 days and 2 nights of camping in this area. Simply amazing! Your best bet would be to camp at Mora and use that as your basecamp. From there you are close to Rialto, La Push and the Hoh. Camping is $12 a night. The Hoh Rain Forest is $15 for a single car park pass (which last 7 days) plus the camping fee. The $15 pass will also gain you access to the Lake Ozette trails as well. A good hour from Forks. But well worth the drive if your interested in doing an amazing day hike to the beaches there. Let me know any other specific information you want to know. I would also advice picking up some material like the Olympic Pennisula Visitors Guide or the Washington State Visitors Guide. You can find them on the ferries or in some visitors centers or rangers stations.

The picture is of our campsite at Mora. Campsite #81. Which has a large area (could fit at least 4 tents) and access to trails down to the river. I believe alll sites are on first come first serve bases, so get there early to get a good one. And bring you own wood. It would be expensive to buy the bundles of wood that they sell on the side of the road.

fishnislife
Attachments
041.JPG
041.JPG (238.7 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;