Where can you camp on Whidbey Island that isn't a State Park

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
gonzaii1
Angler

Where can you camp on Whidbey Island that isn't a State Park

Post by gonzaii1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi,
I'm planning a fishing and camping trip to Whidbey Island in a couple weeks and the only days I can go every State Park with camping is booked full. I can only find one non state park campsite in the area and I'm guessing it'll be full because it only has 8 sights.(rhodedendron county park) I haven't spent much time on Whidbey so I'm not very familiar with the area. Does any one know if it's the kind of place you can just pull of on a back road and pitch a tent or even just pitch a tent on a beach somewhere? If I knew more about the area that would be great but I'd prefer not to be woken in the middle of the night by a cop telling me to pack up and move along.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Where can you camp on Whidbey Island that isn't a State

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Langley Fair Grounds/RV hook-ups/tent & trailer sites

Located at the Island County Fair grounds. R.V hook-ups, tent camping, hot showers, within walking distance of Langley. From the south end of the Island on Hwy 525 follow the road signs to Langley and watch for The Island County Fair grounds. You can't miss it! The annual Island County Country Fair runs from Aug. 15-18.

Does it need to be a camping trip, i.e. Tent, etc. There are some other cool options.
http://www.fortcaseyinn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might not be the same as a tent, but it's reasonably priced, and very enjoyable stay. You can fish/hike/play all day, and be comfortable at night.