bass fishing near Prineville

Talk about Lake Fishing in Oregon
Kevin K
Warrant Officer

bass fishing near Prineville

Post by Kevin K » Fri May 04, 2012 7:40 am

My in-laws recently bought a place in Prineville, and we will be going there in a few weeks. Does anyone have any advice re good bass fishing in the area or even a bass guide? Thanks in advance.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: bass fishing near Prineville

Post by Amx » Fri May 04, 2012 10:27 am

Where is Prineville? Name a big city in the area. [biggrin]
Tom.

Interests: living

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri May 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Amx wrote:Where is Prineville? Name a big city in the area. [biggrin]
It's right next to Redmond Amx! Can't be that hard to find.....

Redmond, OR [woot] [wink]

http://directions.uptake.com/from-tukwi ... 29343.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Oregon. :-k I've heard of that place, in S. Carolina, right? :scratch: [biggrin]
Tom.

Interests: living

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri May 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Amx wrote:Oregon. :-k I've heard of that place, in S. Carolina, right? :scratch: [biggrin]
LOL Yeppers! :-"

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri May 04, 2012 7:04 pm

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/easy_an ... eville.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Here's a link to ODFW..... Might fit your bill... ??
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one looks like you pick your region that Prineville is in and you'll get some insight to the warm water fishery: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fi ... /index.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

guides: http://www.theguidesforecast.com/centra ... ides.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by MarkFromSea on Sun May 06, 2012 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Maybe Pete will see this and chime in, he's our "Go To" guy for Oegon information. Or, send him a PM, I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Sun May 20, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks all. Sorry it took me so long to respond. That whole work thing gets in the way sometimes.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun May 20, 2012 10:08 am

Kevin K wrote:Thanks all. Sorry it took me so long to respond. That whole work thing gets in the way sometimes.
Thanks for getting back to us, so many times we post some assistance and it looks like the info just falls off the planet. Did we get that right, Prineville, OR?

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Yes you did. Once again, work has kept me off the site too long. Did not end up going to the in-laws yet, but am heading there over the Fourth of July week. I will post a report when I return. In the interim, if anyone has any more info, I would certainly appreciate it. I have heard that Prineville Res. is better for bass than the nearby Ochoco Res, but I have no personal idea. Thanks again for your input.

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I went to post a report, but the reservoir I fished was not an option. I ended up fishing Prineville Res. with my family on the 5th, 6th, and 7th. The 5th and 6th were just for a few hours each from shore, but soft plastics in stickbait and shad shapes worked well for smallies up to 1 lb. Caught an average of 8 fish each of those two days. The 6th I rented a boat with my wife's, mother's, new husband. We caught a mixed bag throughout the day of largemouth, smallmouth, trout, and pikeminnows. Total we caught 17 (all C&R) throughout the day. Again, soft plastics seemed to be the go to, but also caught a few on crankbaits. The biggest fish was a 3-4 LMB, but he decided to escape a photo by setting my own hook into my hand when I tried to lip him. All in all, it was a pretty good time fishing a new body of water. Thanks again to all for their input on this thread.