new to western washington

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fishingchick
Angler

new to western washington

Post by fishingchick » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:38 pm

My husband and I just moved over from Cheney area. I have severe arthritis so fishing is the only hobby I re
ally have left that doesn't hurt. Over in Cheney we fished at Williams lake right off the dock. Man I love me some silver's
from that lake. So now I'm lost andkind of depressed. I don't know where to dock or shore fish here. I have never caught a salmon or bass but I am determined to do it this year. So I need ideas on where to fish. We tried American lake today but only
one guy was catching today. It seemed slow. But I don't know what leader to us
e or bait. I tried worms altering different depths from 4-15 feet. I tried throwing a kastmaster. Boll. Roster
tall. A few other types pf lures. And atoll nothing. I used power bait. Corn. Worms. Salmon eggs trieng diffrrnt combos.
I not only want to know about American lake but others near parkland and river spots. Help me. Any advice from one Fisher to the next would be awesome.

The Fisherman
Petty Officer

Re: new to western washington

Post by The Fisherman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:52 pm

They had a fishing derby on Lake Wilderness and put lots of trout in it. try using powerbait off the bottom on a trout rig that is shown in the Roses Lake With Anton Jones video. The video can be found at http://www.washingtonlakes.com/Videos.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It is the second video from the top.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Fishingchick, where are your options? I mean where are you located, and how far from your location do you want to fish? Go within this website to the Search lakes by County tab. You can find all your local lakes. If you are down south somewheres... check out Riffe lake if it's not too far from you. You can read the particulars within the lake reports sections.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 am

FishingChick,
As Quadfather askes: Where are you? I am in Kitsap county and so could give you advice on lakes here, in Mason or in Jefferson Counties, on top of what you will find on ths site. Don't dispair .. you are among friends! We'll get you set up!

:fish: Dave :fish: