Calling all boaters - C.A.S.T for Kids Event

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
G-Man
Admiral

Calling all boaters - C.A.S.T for Kids Event

Post by G-Man » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:38 am

This weekend's C.A.S.T for kids event (07 Sept) at Lake Washington is in need of more boaters willing to take a child or two out fishing. It's always tough this time of year as the Coho finally start to show, but if you are willing to volunteer, I guarantee you will have a great time. You can sign up on their website at https://castforkids.org/event/lakewashington/. Boaters launch fees will be covered and there will be folks to assist in launch and retrieval of your boat. Lunch is provided, the kids are supplied with a life jacket, rod, worms and basic gear for spiny rays. I typically run them around the lake a bit and then find a weedline to pull a bunch of perch. If you know of anyone who may be interested, let them know as well.

Hope to see you there!

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Calling all boaters - C.A.S.T for Kids Event

Post by TrackerPro16 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:57 am

If you can post a week or so earlier than the event happens I believe you may have more volunteers me thinks. Post with it if you need any gear too. Hope your event went well!

G-Man
Admiral

Re: Calling all boaters - C.A.S.T for Kids Event

Post by G-Man » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 pm

We as volunteers weren't given the news regarding the shortage or boaters until Friday, which was the reason for the short notice. The event turned out well, we were able to recruit enough additional boaters show to get all of the kids out on the water for a great time.

That being said, there is a Take a Warrior Fishing event coming up on the 28th of September, also taking place on Lake Washington. I'm told they have a large number of disabled vets which have already signed up, so if your are interested in volunteering, here is the link:https://castforkids.org/event/twflakewashington/