Free the Fisherman March

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Two Year Old Sasquatch
Angler

Free the Fisherman March

Post by Two Year Old Sasquatch » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:34 am

We should all show up at the Capital Building the last Friday in April carrying our fishing poles, stand six feet apart, and protest Inslee's draconian fishing ban. If we arrive at the capital about 11am and keep our distance it would show a united stand for what we enjoy as our Constitutional Right to Freedom and the Pursuit of Happiness. I'd like to find out how many would attend before I head all the way there from Spokane. This would obviously be a friendly non-threatening event. I'll even bring a tank and some goldfish to fish! I'm new here and don't want to step on any toes but I'd sure like to see a show of hands how many might attend and certainly open to anyone who might have experience gathering the masses or willing to offer advice. Free the Fishermen March!

Sideburns
Commander

Re: Free the Fisherman March

Post by Sideburns » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:50 pm

More power to ya, I dont like it either..... but.... enough people were not paying enough attention to warnings and advisories that I dont think they had any choice but to take drastic action for some "slower" people to wake up! Now that we all understand how serious this is, I think you're right. It's time for authorities to give us back some of our more harmless hobbies and interests like fishing..... I guess I'm just not as fired up about it as you are! Lol!

*Keep in mind that travel is likely one of the biggest reasons fishing is shut down completely. Making sure to be as visibly cautious and safety considerate as possible when traveling to olympia will likely help Inslee be more empathetic.

Somehow publicly displaying some kind of large web presence might be a good way to show that we understand how this virus spreads and that WE ARE taking this seriously.

Go team!
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Free the Fisherman March

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:23 pm

It's my understanding, from what they said on the news and posted on the channel 4 news' website, that the fish and wildlife dept. closed fishing because of the shoulder to shoulder people fishing the rivers. And lake fishing wasn't even mentioned in the report, but lake fishing was closed anyway. As was crab fishing.
Tom.

Interests: living