NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
PAYohann
Angler

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by PAYohann » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:08 pm

I joined at the Sportsmen show last month and find that I will have to divide my outdoor sports time between my new Savage 223 (Coyote gun) and my fishing poles... tough choice. Then if the fish are not biting there is always gold panning... another tough choice. I look forward to spending more time in and around the woods this year, you never know when it will end... This is a great sight and I find it hard to wait for all the upcoming upgrades. Thanks, Peter

PAYohann
Angler

Post by PAYohann » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:12 pm

:fish:
PAYohann wrote:I joined at the Sportsmen show last month and find that I will have to divide my outdoor sports time between my new Savage 223 (Coyote gun) and my fishing poles... tough choice. Then if the fish are not biting there is always gold panning... another tough choice. I look forward to spending more time in and around the woods this year, you never know when it will end... This is a great sight and I find it hard to wait for all the upcoming upgrades. Thanks, Peter
:fish: :fish:

FlamingAnt
Angler

Post by FlamingAnt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Name: Chris
Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting, Xbox 360, Football, Piano
What You Do: School
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bottomfish & Salmon (trolling)
Where You Fish The Most: Freshwater
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Whole life
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Cousin
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Plan to go fishing

I've known about this site for a while, my first report was back in 2004, but I've just never bothered to register, always just read the reports. I'm looking for some people around my age to go fishing with, noone at my high school is very enthusiastic about fishing. Whenever I take a friend, they just don't seem to enjoy it, whether we catch fish or not. I just go with my cousin most of the time, but I'd like to meet some new people.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:53 pm

You ever want out in the big Blue with other kids will make that happen!!

Dreams not Dreammakers for Kids!:cheers:
Attachments
hoenyhole.jpg
hoenyhole.jpg (82.06 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
DNA__BABY_UNCLE_Swede_and_Vida_Blue-38.jpg
DNA__BABY_UNCLE_Swede_and_Vida_Blue-38.jpg (59.98 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
Coho_Mojo_Bonics-07.jpg
Coho_Mojo_Bonics-07.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 3972 times

noxcape
Petty Officer

Post by noxcape » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:26 pm

andy
abbotsford bc
fishing , hockey
sell fishing tackle
silvermere lake in mission bc

i love fishing washinton state lakes ive fished wiser watcom samish phazon terrell im hoping to fish other ones this year

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:22 pm

noxcape wrote:andy
abbotsford bc
fishing , hockey
sell fishing tackle
silvermere lake in mission bc

i love fishing washinton state lakes ive fished wiser watcom samish phazon terrell im hoping to fish other ones this year
Welcome aye! :cheers: I think you're our only Canadian.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Okie
Petty Officer

Post by Okie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:41 am

I've been enjoying this website for a couple of years. Just never registered.

Name: Phil Parker
Hobbies: fishing (duh), reading, politics junkie :elephant:, cooking
What You Do: ER Nurse
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass, or anything that's biting
Where You Fish The Most: South Snohomish lakes
How Long You Have Been Fishing: 40+ years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Fishing with my dad or friends on lakes all over the south. As my moniker suggests, I grew up in Oklahoma. I have fished on some of the best bass lakes in the country but, not always having the best luck. I've heard, "ya should be here last week", more times than I care.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Sleeping. I work nights.
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.

Hawg hunter
Angler

Post by Hawg hunter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Name: Randall Russell

Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting, More fising, ATV's

What You Do: Police Officer

Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass

Where You Fish The Most: Eastern Wa.

How Long You Have Been Fishing: 38 years

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Dad took me fishing when I was 6... been hooked ever since

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Get ready for fishing, hunt, used to fly RC airplanes (Novice level)

Family owns a cabin at Twin lakes and have really learned that lake, I started tournement fishing in Calif. back in the 80's and won my first tourny at Clear Lake Ca.... fished against Skeet Reese back when he was a kid.....he was good even then.

Have not fished tournys in about 8 years.....got burned out and decided to just fish for fun.

Quit wishin and Go fishin.........
Attachments
Spring_2007_002.jpg
Spring_2007_002.jpg (290.41 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
Support Catch and Release....feel the thrill again and again and again.............

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 pm

FlamingAnt wrote:Name: Chris
Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting, Xbox 360, Football, Piano
What You Do: School
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bottomfish & Salmon (trolling)
Where You Fish The Most: Freshwater
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Whole life
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Cousin
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Plan to go fishing

I've known about this site for a while, my first report was back in 2004, but I've just never bothered to register, always just read the reports. I'm looking for some people around my age to go fishing with, noone at my high school is very enthusiastic about fishing. Whenever I take a friend, they just don't seem to enjoy it, whether we catch fish or not. I just go with my cousin most of the time, but I'd like to meet some new people.
That's too bad about your friends not enjoying fishing. Sad to say, my boys are not exactly on fire when we go, either. Do you go to RHS? My sons are Matt (senior) and James (sophomore). Welcome and I hope you find some fishing buddies in your age range.

Kris K.
Angler

Post by Kris K. » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi, I am Darwin Kristofferson ( Kris ) have been looking at WLC for a couple years now. Time to get a bit more involved.
Am a young man of 62 and enjoy it.
Live in Spokane county ( the west plains ) Have 14 yrs in this area and have 16 on the west side. Orginally a South Dakota boy from a small farm.
Hobbies are: Love to fish fish and fish, spend time with my wife, woodworking and I do a small vegie garden.
Spent 38 years in the aviation business, the Air Force and the Boeing. Am retired now but do work at a local lumber yard part time. I Love the Gonzaga Bulldogs.
Favorite fish are Perch, Crappie, Walleye and Bass, Mostly I perch and crappie they both fit our frying pan at home so well. Early year and late fall I spend time after walleyes.
Most of my time is spent at Downs lake, good perch, crappie and bass. Also got to like Bonney and of course Lake Rosevelt.
Been fishing for at least 40 years. Best of fishing to all see you on the water.
Attachments
Lake_Roosevelt_Kris_and_Casey.jpg
Lake_Roosevelt_Kris_and_Casey.jpg (42.12 KiB) Viewed 3904 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:21 pm

The names Thomas, been checking out the WL site for approx. 1year, figured i could learn a few tricks. I'm from Tacoma, work as a security officer at a local hospital. I've been fishing for a majority of my 27 year old life. I mostly fish for anything that bites, hell that's why they call it fishing and not catching. I'm into shooting sports as well, and fixing vehicles. Have a Cert. of training in automotive technology.
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

yooper08
Angler

Post by yooper08 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:50 pm

My Name is Ian. I Live in Kingston, Wa. But origanly from Michigan. I am 19 years old. My favorite fish is the walleye. I manly fish Island and Kitsap lake in Kitsap county. An ocassionly take trips to moses lake to get my walleye fix. This is my favorite picture of 2009... Its not from washington tho. It came from Michigan during my trip this year. Havent caught anything notable from Washington yet this year.
Attachments
DSC00289.jpg
DSC00289.jpg (23.98 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eightballsaul
Petty Officer

Post by eightballsaul » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey everyone. I am new to the site so I thought I would introduce myself. I live in Ravensdale. My name is Saul. When I am not fishing or playing golf I am an electrician. I work on and build traffic signals and street lighting systems for a private contractor.
I just bought a boat last year and love it. It is a Tracker Targa multi species with all the bells and whistles. Just put a Lowrance 525c on and let me tell you that this boat is just like a big video game. So cool.
I got started fishing in Philadelphia, where I was born. My Dad took me fishing one time in his life. We went to the Jersey shore and went for blowfish. After that I was hooked. That was 42 years ago and I haven't stopped since, even if he did.
Grew up in Arizona and used to fish all over that state. Talk about some great Bass fishing! Smallies, Large mouth, Strippers. You name it. Then I moved up here with my wife and kids in '89. Took me a while to get going here but when I did I went full bore. I fish for anything. Took the kids and the wife and we all love it. My kids are grown but they still go with me. Anyway, I am always looking for someone to fish with. I even pay for the fuel. I Just like having the company. I would like to post a pic but I don't know how to put it in here. Maybe one of you computer wizz kids can tell me how. Look forward to hearing from you.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:49 pm

8 ball= NW great stuff anytime is fishon time . Want some come get some:cheers: :chef:
Fish on!

PS WELCOME!:-$
Attachments
aaaaaa3232.jpg
aaaaaa3232.jpg (66.44 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eightballsaul
Petty Officer

Post by eightballsaul » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:01 pm

so where is the PIc from. Looks really nice. I fish a lot on the east side at Banks and Chelan

WAMN
Angler

Post by WAMN » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Hello everyone. I joined WLC back at the Sportsman's Show back in January but am finally getting around to introducing myself to the community. I'm a Navy retiree who lived in Washington off and on from 1967-1972 and then again from 1979 to 1997. From 1998 to 2007 my wife and I lived in Minnesota. Then moved back here at the beginning of 2008 to be with our kids and grand kids. This brings up a point. One never realizes how much fishing technology has changed unless you have to go back a learn how to fish for something all over again. I had to do that in Minnesota fishing for walleye and now it's happening again here learning how to fish here in Washington. At least my walleye technology is up to par. Anyway, here's my profile:

Name: Jeff

Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting. Camping, Gardening

What You Do: Electronics Technician

Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon, Steelhead, Walleye, Trout, Bass: anything that swims
Where You Fish The Most: Puget Sound, Hood Canal, any river flowing out of the Olympic Peninsula, Potholes

How Long You Have Been Fishing: As long as I can remember, probably somewhere around the age of 5 or 6.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Dad. He learned it as a survival skill in the depression and although he was gone during most of the summer he somehow found the time to teach me to fish.

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Lately not a whole lot. Was recently laid off and now have a lot of time to think about fishing. If there's anyone out there in my local area with some extra time off also I do have a boat (Crestliner 1650 Sport Angler). I just bought a new downrigger and would like to get out of either Hood Canal or Area 9 to do some blackmouth fishing. It would be nice to have someone with the knowledge help at least split with the gas.

My Favorite Picture: This was a nice hen I picked up earlier this week (if it posts, this will be my first attempt to post a photo).

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:06 pm

I live in Sammamish and I am a weekend warrior more than a serious fisherman. I love to fish, but just don't have the time I wish I had. I have a 7 year old daughter and a 4 year old son, but both get bored after 45 seconds without a bite. I fish mostly for trout, but would love to get more into bass fishing. I don't have the heavy gear I would need for Musky or I would love to go after them too; the same goes for all saltwater species.

I am working on adding some outriggers to my pirogue so that I can take the kids and/or dog without fear of capsizing.
Attachments
monster_05-11-06.jpg
monster_05-11-06.jpg (31.22 KiB) Viewed 3839 times

Cman2007
Warrant Officer

Post by Cman2007 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:45 pm

hey im 14 year of i go to CHMS im in 8th grade i fish mostly but will go steelheading and salom but bass mailny my hobbies are (besides fishing) Baseball i play for kentbulldogs and football , snowbording i live near lk sawyer love lk tanwax spare time hang with friends and baseball all year long
Clark Korper 16 yrs old
Auburn Sports & Marine
G.Loomis/Shimano

Bass Member
FLW Member
TBF Member

EAT.SLEEP.FISH

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Welcome aboard folks,

Nice wally yooper:cheers:

reingdawgs- If you ever get the time and are able to head down this way,I got some gear you can use
and their are tons of other musky anglers around here that will help you out too

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:47 pm

Welcome to all the new members. I'll be looking forward to some fishing reports from you all this year. Fish On. :cheers: