NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:01 pm

soundkite wrote:Hi Everyone!
I've been a member here since I learned to bank fish this summer, spoiled by the great pink run we had. I'm looking forward to adventuring into the rivers of steelies next. This site has been a priceless resource for me with so many contributing members to educate and entertain! This year, my claim to fame was a video of perseverence I produced here on Puget Sound. I hope you find these fisherpups as entertaining as I do. Hopefully I can find a way to top it next year!... Ethan

Now that was a cool vid! Did u make that yourself?
Do I remember a post from a long time ago, that you are a audio engineer?
That was my goal/dream, circa: 1982.

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Hello.

Been fishing salt for a while and just started back into fresh water. Total rookie. Been learning to drift a jig and prawn under a float. Never caught a steelhead but it's on my bucket list! Found this site when I was searching of some river reports and information. Great site. I'm retired, so plenty of time to fish, just love being on the water.
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

rfnbry
Angler

Post by rfnbry » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Hello there, my name is Chris. I grew up in New York mostley fishing for Bass, Walleye, Pike and Muskey. Crappie derbies were always fun. Latew on in life after enlisting into the United States Army I lived in Texas fishing for Catfish. Love how them Catfish roll!!!! Since moving here to Mount Vernon, wa I have fallen in love with these Salmon and Dungenes Crab. I fish mostley where the fish are. I dont mind driving to get my catch. I have fished the Sound, Skagit, Cascade, Snohomish, Whatcom Creek and various other beds of water. When Im not fishing I'm with my family. When I'm not doing either of the first two things, I am working. But right now, working on getting my first Steelhead and Blackmouth. Tight Lines y"all.
Attachments
rsz_1014_coho.jpg
rsz_1014_coho.jpg (240.68 KiB) Viewed 20012 times

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Bay wolf wrote:Hello.

Been fishing salt for a while and just started back into fresh water. Total rookie. Been learning to drift a jig and prawn under a float. Never caught a steelhead but it's on my bucket list! Found this site when I was searching of some river reports and information. Great site. I'm retired, so plenty of time to fish, just love being on the water.
Welcome! Are you Bay Wolf that sold or is selling your boat "Bay Wolf" this past year?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Ball_Gawd
Petty Officer

Post by Ball_Gawd » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am

Hello all,

I just started fishing in June and joined the site in August. I grew up in Mason County in the middle of about 50 lakes and kick myself dang near daily for not starting LONG AGO. I'm a 46 y/o man living in Kitsap County (Bremerton) I primarily fish for lake trout in Kitsap, Jefferson & Mason Counties, but I'm interested in fishing for bass and doing some river fishing too. This site is very friendly and informative. I'm still finding new stuff on here almost every time I log on (I just found this thread today). I will be at the Sportsmen's Show at least two days next week. My only fear of that is getting information overload.
WET HOOKS & TIGHT LINES
Ball_Gawd

HOOKUM
Angler

Post by HOOKUM » Tue May 06, 2014 11:36 am

My name is Jack Bunnell. I am a dentist in Kona, Hawaii and we have a house in Ocean Shores. Just purchased a new Lund Alaskan and we are gonna be visiting at the end of the month for some fishing and crabbing. I've fished all my life- favorite species is salmon. We also hunt deer and wild sheep here in Hawaii quite a bit.

Adamwilkins
Angler

Post by Adamwilkins » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Name is Adam Wilkins. 29 years old just got stationed at fort lewis from Fort Knox kentucky. Hobbies include uh...fishing hunting cooking drinking. Never lived or "recreated" on the west coast before. I'm used to catfish and trout fishing. Never put a pole in a western us water. Be cool to get some insight tips or a fishin buddy. Email me if ya'd like at [email protected]. Not looking for a fishing guide, just a fishing buddy thanks yall

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:03 pm

welcome All!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:00 pm

My name is Omar Simon, I live in Shoreline and am 39 years old.. I am a chemist and I have my own testing laboratory, Simon Forensic LLC, in Shoreline. I mainly analyze failures and manufacturing defects/issues, everything looks pretty cool under an electron microscope.
My fishing bug was reawakened several years ago when I went to Alaska and caught a couple large Ling cod and halibut, followed by a salmon fishing trip. I grew up fishing lakes and rivers in Eastern Wa. (Tonasket, Omak area), and am now learning about the rivers and sound over here. Salmon is my favorite target, I mainly fish from the bank, but did just get a little inflatable pontoon boat to get me out on the water. Mainly hit up the Snoho and Sky except when I can get out on someone's boat.
I have season tickets to the Seahawks (no I do not have any extra) so many of my fall/winter weekends are at the Clink instead of the water. I also enjoy gardening, hiking, house remodeling and cooking in any other free time there is.

Happy fishing everyone!

Byte Me
Angler

Post by Byte Me » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello everyone Dave here. I'm a regular to reading and a newbie to posting on the forum. Live in Renton, WA and work in Supplier Management at Boeing. Have lived in WA since the mid-70's. I'm a 50 year old Leukemia survivor, but currently out of remission. I do a once a month (4 day) inpatient chemo regiment, so 1 weekend a month on the water is shot Feeling great and spending plenty of quality time on the water the other weekends!

Currently fish both fresh & salt water. I keep a boat moored in Des Moines during the salmon seasons and have another that I use on the lakes. Have only fished fresh water on Lake Sammamish locally, but would like venture onto more waters. Run over to Loon Lake (Stevens Co.) a couple times a year to relax & catch Kokanee. My tactic is pretty much trolling using DR's where ever I'm at.

Sure appreciate all the information and reports that are posted. Great details and very helpful.

Tight lines!
Attachments
IMG-20140621-00214 (Custom).jpg
Captain Super Dave
IMG-20140621-00214 (Custom).jpg (12.89 KiB) Viewed 18199 times
2011 16' Smokercraft Pro Tracer - "Reel Time"
40hp & 6hp Yamaha's
Scotty DR's
Lowrance Elite5

2013 22' Hewescraft Ocean Pro HT/ET - "Hydrotherapy"
200hp & 9.9hp Yamaha's
Scotty DR's
Lowrance hds10 & hds5

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Welcome! I'm sure fishing is good treatment for the body and mind. :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:27 am

Byte Me wrote:Hello everyone Dave here. I'm a regular to reading and a newbie to posting on the forum. Live in Renton, WA and work in Supplier Management at Boeing. Have lived in WA since the mid-70's. I'm a 50 year old Leukemia survivor, but currently out of remission. I do a once a month (4 day) inpatient chemo regiment, so 1 weekend a month on the water is shot Feeling great and spending plenty of quality time on the water the other weekends!

Currently fish both fresh & salt water. I keep a boat moored in Des Moines during the salmon seasons and have another that I use on the lakes. Have only fished fresh water on Lake Sammamish locally, but would like venture onto more waters. Run over to Loon Lake (Stevens Co.) a couple times a year to relax & catch Kokanee. My tactic is pretty much trolling using DR's where ever I'm at.

Sure appreciate all the information and reports that are posted. Great details and very helpful.

Tight lines!
Welcome Dave from another Boeing guy (we may actually have crossed paths as I am Software Asset Management) :cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bobrfishes
Angler

Post by Bobrfishes » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Bob Roberts
Married to Fishing partner Bobbie Roberts
Retired Car Salesman for 3 years
Bass Fisherman for 40 years
Web Designer http://www.basstournamentfinder.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Inventor of the Fold n Go folding seat base http://www.bassfin.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Live in Longview Tx for 30 years
Fish Lake Fork Tx since it opened

Polyangler
Petty Officer

Post by Polyangler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:30 am

I'm kind of a new kid here, kinda not... I've posted a few reports over the years under the name ravdakot. So to the admins that might be reading this, please delete that account. Thanks!

Been fishing for over 31 years
I'm originally from FL, but found my way to the great PNW in 2008
I like to fish for anything that swims, but I really prefer saltwater, mostly the ocean!
I'm the Safety Coordinator for the Nwest Chapter of Heroes on the Water. If you've never heard of us, we're a national non-profit that rehabilitates disabled vets and public servants through the therapy of kayak angling.
I'm pro staff for the companies in my signature block.
99% of all my fishing is from kayaks. Also hunt from kayaks. I'm sure many of you have seen or met me on my yaks over the years. Seldom do I get on the water without chatting to a few people either at the launch or on the water.
I plan to be a little more active here these days since I recently separated from Active Duty. I'll have a bit more fun time now!!

Also, for all of you who are kayak curious, but don't know where to start. I'll be hosting “Intro to Kayak Fishing” seminars at the WA Sportsmen's Show in the Blue Theater Jan 21st @ 1530, 23rd @ 1230, and 24th @ 1530. Main topics will be boat selection (how to figure out what's right for you), rigging, gear, and safety. I highly encourage lots of Q&A, and will be hanging out at the Hobie booth next to the theater after each show to chat and answer questions.

Stop by our Heroes On the Water - NWest Chapter booth too! We've got big plans for 2015, and my teammates and I would love to tell you about them! As always we're looking for new ideas, participants, and volunteers as well!
Hope to see you there!!

http://www.thesportshows.com/shows/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://heroesonthewater.org/ Heroes on the Water

Serves our Nation’s warriors by providing healing and rehabilitating kayak fishing outings that are physically and mentally therapeutic through our nationwide community of volunteers and donors.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Welcome to the family Polyangler. You have a sweet avatar. Nice work.
Thanks for serving others. That sounds like a really great cause. I will be at the WL.com booth for a couple days so I will make it a point to find you guys.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Polyangler
Petty Officer

Post by Polyangler » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks Fishnislife! I feel like HOW is a great cause, and we have a great time doing it! Look fwd to meeting you at the show!

Serves our Nation’s warriors by providing healing and rehabilitating kayak fishing outings that are physically and mentally therapeutic through our nationwide community of volunteers and donors.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Hello Polyangler
Have I met you? I have met Dino and Anthony (Tony) and support Hero's on the Water.

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Polyangler
Petty Officer

Post by Polyangler » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:10 am

Toni wrote:Hello Polyangler
Have I met you? I have met Dino and Anthony (Tony) and support Hero's on the Water.
We've met, but not through HOW. Yeah, Dino and Tony are great guys! Couldn't ask for better teammates, and we really appreciate the support you've offered!! All of our founding members were kayak fishing buddies for years before we took on this venture, so it just makes what we do that much more enjoyable!

We met at the launch at American Lake sometime last season, and I saw you on the water a couple years back up at Summit Lake. We didn't talk that day, but figured it out via the reports section here. I think I was in a yellow kayak back then.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Yes, I remember on Summit. We chatted on the report part on the comments. Hopefully I will see you at the show!
But right now I don't recall last season.

Polyangler
Petty Officer

Post by Polyangler » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Toni wrote:Yes, I remember on Summit. We chatted on the report part on the comments. Hopefully I will see you at the show!
But right now I don't recall last season.
I'm not surprised. You were selling a few lures and it was brief. I was there with Tony and a couple others on the edge of early morning darkness before we headed out to kok fish. If memory serves me you weren't fishing that day, just came out to distribute a little tackle.