Marshall Lake Rendezvous UPDATE

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Lotech Joe
Commodore

Marshall Lake Rendezvous UPDATE

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:20 am

We already have one family who has made reservations for the Marshall Lake Rendezvous. It is scheduled for the 3rd weekend in June '09. I've just been informed that that weekend is Father's Day weekend. I need to know if that would pose a problem for anyone. If I move the event to the previous weekend some kids will still be in school and they wouldn't be able to make it. If I move it to the next weekend, that puts it just 1 week away from the 4th of July weekend. I may just leave it where it is and everyone can go camping and fishing with dad on Father's Day.
Let me hear your thoughts please.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Lotech Joe
Commodore

RE:Marshall Lake Rendezvous UPDATE

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:46 am

I've decided to leave the Kaniksu Rendezvous where it is. June 20 & 21. I'll be there on the 19th. If it turns out that that is a problem, we can change the date next year. See you all there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:23 pm

I've taken the liberty of inviting some of my friends from http://www.flyanglersonline.com/
Please remember that this is NOT fly fishing only event. The lake is open to all kinds of fishing. Just remember that the maximum speed limit is 5 MPH. That speed limit makes it comfortable for everyone on the lake. For the members here, go to the blue link above "Members." Then click on videos and check out the link to Marshall Lake. Marc did a great job putting that video together and it does great justice to that lake. I'll be cooking something in the Dutch Oven, to share or not to share. I don't know yet. Just remember also that this is a rustic camp trip. Bring all you need and we'll share a weekend in paradise.
Email me or PM me, or just post here if you have any questions. I know it's 6 months off, but I can hardly wait. It's going to be NICE! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:39 pm

I'll watch the video just to see something other than snow!:cheers:

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 pm

hope your going to make an apperance there marc. i have my reso's in all ready.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Hey Lotech Joe,sounds great to me. I'll know in a few days if I'm going for sure...but you can pretty much count me
in. I'm trying to extend the trip to include fishing the Pend. I'll send you a pm shortly.
Does Marshall have any spiny rays? (not a make or break...just curious)

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:18 am

kevinb,
I'm pretty sure that the only fish in Marshall are Cutthroat. However, just about 2-3 miles down the hill is the Pend O'reille River. It has Smallmouth, Largemouth & Northern Pike. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:01 am

VHMLLC wrote:hope your going to make an apperance there marc. i have my reso's in all ready.
:viking:
I'll be there probably both Saturday and Sunday. I'll drive up both days. Saturday evening is my 40th high school class reunion, so I'll leave mid afternoon that day. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:07 am

kevinb wrote:Does Marshall have any spiny rays? (not a make or break...just curious)
Just cuttthroat trout. They don't get very big, but they are great tasting. Cleanest water I have ever seen. You can clearly see the bottom in 25 feet of water.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:04 am

Thank you Marc and Lotech

Does the resort have a website? I've googled it a few times with no luck but
I did see Marc's video on WaLakes and the same one is on Google too:cheers:
(By the way...that is by far the best cover I've ever heard of Stairway to Heaven)
The music was great with the video

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Kevin- They don't have a website. I had to take my laptop up to them to play the lake video for them. They really enjoyed seeing it. At their age, computers are too complicated for them which is understandable. Clarence was a navigator on a B-17 over Germany during WWII. He is 86 years old. He beat cancer last year and then went deer hunting in the fall and got his deer! He is quite a guy.
Mario DeSilva is a music professor in Nashville, TN. He studied guitar in Brazil. I am going to use more of his recordings in future videos. Stairway To Heaven matches the lake pretty well. I have always considered Marshall as a piece of heaven on earth. I've been going up there for 49 years and it has changed very little.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:Kevin- They don't have a website. I had to take my laptop up to them to play the lake video for them. They really enjoyed seeing it. At their age, computers are too complicated for them which is understandable. Clarence was a navigator on a B-17 over Germany during WWII. He is 86 years old. He beat cancer last year and then went deer hunting in the fall and got his deer! He is quite a guy.
Mario DeSilva is a music professor in Nashville, TN. He studied guitar in Brazil. I am going to use more of his recordings in future videos. Stairway To Heaven matches the lake pretty well. I have always considered Marshall as a piece of heaven on earth. I've been going up there for 49 years and it has changed very little.
No worries about the website. It sounds like a great place and ran by a good man.
Can anyone tell me briefly about the resort. Such as the campsites and/or lodging if thats an option there?
Do the sites have running water/power? Its not a big deal,but I've got a 2year old who loves the dirt.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:22 am

kevinb,
I think I heard Marc say that cabins were available but never saw any the 2 times I was there. As far as the campsites go, they are rustic. I don't think there is running water in every campsite, but I'm pretty sure you would be able to get some for your water jug at the resort. Most sites, I think, have picnic tables, fire pits and electricity. I'll let Marc fill in the blanks where I'm lacking. You can always call the resort and ask them. Here is the number; (509)447-4158
Here's a couple of pics;

Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:28 am

There are a few sites with power and water. Not sure how many and which ones have what. If you call the resort, they will be able to tell you how many.
I think that they have trailers that they rent out, no cabins. They seem to keep them booked up through the season. Again, the resort will be able to tell you more.
Many of the customers up there during the summer have been going up there for decades. Peggy laughs when people bring up their grand kids. She tells grandma and grandpa she remembers when they bought candy from her at the store as kids. It's a fun place. It holds a lot of memories for me.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:55 pm

You can count us in... We were already planning a trip to the Pend for pike but we will gladly extend our
trip. I showed my wife the video and she was thrilled to say the least.
That bottom photo kind of reminds me of Lake Easton,...minus the powerlines.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:22 pm

kevinb,
I look forward to meeting you. I'm curious about what kind of fishing you prefer. I'm a fly fisherman, but the lake is wide open for any kind of fishing. Still fishing, trolling, spin fishing, whatever you like except dynamite. :bom: :bom: :bom:
C'ya soon,
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Lotech Joe wrote:kevinb,
I look forward to meeting you. I'm curious about what kind of fishing you prefer. I'm a fly fisherman, but the lake is wide open for any kind of fishing. Still fishing, trolling, spin fishing, whatever you like except dynamite. :bom: :bom: :bom:
C'ya soon,
You as well. I'll bring my fly rod...but I got no skills. In summer months I usually cruise the boat to a spot that looks
nice and cast spoons(my handy dandy Kastmasters) I usually troll in the colder months.

Anyone else on board yet?

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:39 am

So far, the "I'm Going" list pans out like this;

Lotech Joe
Marc Martyn
VHMLLC
kevinb
A friend of mine from Penticton B.C.
1 or maybe 2 friends from another board
1 or 2 maybe's from Spokane

There is plenty of time yet. It's still early.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:38 am

you should talk Aaron into going - he'll need the break!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Mike Carey wrote:you should talk Aaron into going - he'll need the break!
Did you hear that Aaron? Sounds like an edict from above. It would be great to have you there. 2-3 days of lounging around and forgetting about Monday thru Friday.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe