Cascade Musky Association

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:07 pm

There is a new Musky association in the great State of Washington. We are CASCADE MUSKY ASSOCIATION.

Our Mission Statement

* A non-profit association established to provide and maintain an organization in which fishing, fun and camaraderie will prevail.

*To work with the WDFW on projects and issues vital to our Tiger Musky fishery.

* To educate and promote the sport of Musky fishing and 100% catch and release.

Membership prices:
$25.00 for a Single Membership. 18 years of age and older.
$35.00 for a Couple/Family Membership includes any children under 18 years of age.

100% of all membership dues and all other funds raised will directly benefit Washingtons' Tiger Musky fishery.

Check out our website at www.cascademuskyassociation.com. We are up and running and looking forward to the upcoming fishing season.We will be having our first general meeting soon. We will give out that information as soon as it comes available.

For membership information contact me, Todd Reis VP/Membership Director Cascade Musky Association at:
[email protected] or at [email protected]. Sometimes outlook express doesnt' jive with my system.

We just want to say thanks to Mike Carey and Aaron for allowing us to post this information on Washington Lakes.com
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

muskyhunter
Captain

RE:Cascade Musky Association

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Cascade Musky Association informational meeting.

Come meet & greet. And talk some Tiger Musky fishing with Washington State's newest Musky club.

Open to the public.

Tuesday March 10th, 2009. 7-8:30 p.m.

Playa Azul Mexican Restaurant (right next to the Value Village)
1114 River Road
Puyallup, Wa 253.840.1433

Special guest speaker Bruce Bolding of the WDFW.Warm Water Species Biologist. He will be doing a presentation about the Washington State Tiger Musky Program. Mr.Bolding without a doubt "has caught and released more Tiger Muskies than anyone in the State of Washington." If you show up at the meeting you can ask Mr. Bolding and I am sure he will tell you his story.

Great raffle items. Fantastic food. Great fish stories and camaraderie galore.

All money raised from the raffle and membership dues stay right here in this state to help support the Tiger Musky fishery and other projects.

Come check us out and see if we are the right Musky Association for you.

Hope to see you there...any questions email me at [email protected]
Todd Reis
Musky Team

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Look forward to meeting new and old friends.
Try the "Green" salsa:chef:

Ski
Petty Officer

Post by Ski » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Update: According to Mark, along with Bruce Bolding, Steve Jackson and Bruce Baker (WDFW) will be there to answer questions as well.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:12 pm

Just a happy reminder to those who may be interested in this States' newest Musky club. And all membership dues and money raised will stay right here in this state and will directly benefit Washington States' Tiger Musky fishery. Also, be sure to check out our new website.
And to add the previous entry by Craig. Steve Caromile will be present too. Thanks guys for making the time to be at our first meeting!

$25.00 Single membership 18 and older.
$35.00 Couple/Family includes all children under 18 yrs.

Todd Reis
VP/Membership Director
Todd Reis
Musky Team

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Only a week away. Got it posted on the calander. Im itching to get up there and fish those nice clean waters. :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:57 pm

RaMcVey wrote:Only a week away. Got it posted on the calander. Im itching to get up there and fish those nice clean waters. :cheers:
Good call,

Theres alot of buzz going on about our new club. I expect to see a crowded house at Playa Azul
with old and new friends. We also are having a very strong/positive showing from the WDFW
and I'm very pleased to know that we will be working very closely with them on future projects
to support our fishery.

See you all there:salut:

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

Same report from the TNT

Anglers form region’s second muskie club
Share this storyBuzz up!JEFFERY P. MAYOR; THE NEWS TRIBUNE
Published: 03/05/09 12:05 am
Comments (0)
Recommend (0)
We will soon find out if there is enough room in Western Washington for two muskie fishing clubs.

More than a dozen people have left Chapter 57 of Muskies Inc. to form the new Cascade Musky Association. The new group will hold its first meeting Tuesday.

Todd Reis is one of the dozen or so people behind the new association’s creation. He is serving as the membership director. While they remain friends with chapter members, Reis said he and the others felt a change was necessary.

“We thought Chapter 57 was going in a direction a few of us didn’t want do go,” he said. “Politics, it all comes down to politics.”

Because the new association is not affiliated with a national organization, Reis said it will have total control of where the club’s money is spent.

“With no parent organization dictating how and what we do with our money, 100 percent of our money will be used right here in Washington to directly benefit this tiger muskie fishery,” Reis said. “All the membership fees and the money we raise will stay here, not go back to a national pool.”

Reis argues Chapter 57 also is hampered by some requirements from the national organization. A chapter member must participate in national meetings each spring and fall, which means paying for a plane flight and other expenses for two trips a year to the Midwest.

“That took a big bite out of the money we raised. We just didn’t see the benefit of that,” Reis said.

Jani Kuper, a board member with Chapter 57, said she wishes the new group luck. She said the 86 members of the chapter, which formed in May 2007, are moving forward. New events they have planned include a muskie fishing school in April and a fall tournament on Lake Tapps.

Chapter 57 is working with the state Department of Fish and Wildlife to maintain the muskie program. The group already has donated $1,000 to purchase a fish-rearing tank and is applying for a $10,000 grant to purchase another tank and fish food. “We are maintaining and moving forward,” Kuper said.

The bottom line is helping develop the tiger muskie fishery in Washington. Although muskies are stocked in just seven lakes across the state, these big aggressive fish are garnering more attention from anglers. A hybrid of a muskellunge and northern pike, tiger muskies can grow to more than 50 inches in length.

Whatever the reason for the split, the onus now is on the two groups to work together. Faced with significant budget cuts, the state’s fish and wildlife agency needs all the partners it can.

Chapter 57 has developed a track record of working with the state. Given some time, the expectations will be the same for the new association. Two groups working together, regardless of names and affiliations, will be better for the fishery.

Jeffrey P. Mayor; 253-597-8640

[email protected]

blogs.thenewstribune.com/adventure

When: 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday

Where: Playa Azul Mexican Restaurant, 1114 River Road, Puyallup

Memberships: $25 for a single membership for people 18 and older and $35 for a couple/family membership includes any children younger than 18.

Information: www.cascademuskyassociation.com

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:58 am

muskyhunter wrote: There is a new Musky association in the great State of Washington. We are CASCADE MUSKY ASSOCIATION.

Our Mission Statement

* A non-profit association established to provide and maintain an organization in which fishing, fun and camaraderie will prevail.

*To work with the WDFW on projects and issues vital to our Tiger Musky fishery.

* To educate and promote the sport of Musky fishing and 100% catch and release.

Membership prices:
$25.00 for a Single Membership. 18 years of age and older.
$35.00 for a Couple/Family Membership includes any children under 18 years of age.

100% of all membership dues and all other funds raised will directly benefit Washingtons' Tiger Musky fishery.

Check out our website at www.cascademuskyassociation.com. We are up and running and looking forward to the upcoming fishing season.We will be having our first general meeting soon. We will give out that information as soon as it comes available.

For membership information contact me, Todd Reis VP/Membership Director Cascade Musky Association at:
[email protected] or at [email protected]. Sometimes outlook express doesnt' jive with my system.

We just want to say thanks to Mike Carey and Aaron for allowing us to post this information on Washington Lakes.com
Heard we have great raffle prizes too

Deadeyemark
Commander

Post by Deadeyemark » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Just a reminder to folk interested in attending a meeting - 2nd Tuesday of each month at Playa Azul restuarant in Puyallup.
Share The Thrill,
Practice Catch & Release
Mark

Fishing, Fun & Camaraderie
http://cascademuskyassociation.com/
Dedicated to the Tiger Musky Fishery of the Pacific Northwest

Ducktail Lures
Bikini Baits
Stan Durst Custom Lure Painting
Charlie's Leaders
Northwest Sportsman Magazine

Deadeyemark
Commander

Post by Deadeyemark » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Membership is growing in CMA as fellow musky fishermen and women find out that we are a local organiztion devoted to THIS fishery. And the fact that 100% of our funds stay right here in Wa to directly benefit THIS tiger musky fishery.
If you're interested in fishing for tiger muskies in WA and supporting this fishery, come join CMA.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share The Thrill,
Practice Catch & Release
Mark

Fishing, Fun & Camaraderie
http://cascademuskyassociation.com/
Dedicated to the Tiger Musky Fishery of the Pacific Northwest

Ducktail Lures
Bikini Baits
Stan Durst Custom Lure Painting
Charlie's Leaders
Northwest Sportsman Magazine

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:32 am

In the spirit of cooperation I offer the following:
On a flyer patrol yesterday, we noticed that the CMA flyers were missing from the Lacey Sportsman Warehouse; you may want to replace them. The CH57 flyers were missing from the Federal Way Sportsman Warehouse. We replaced them. All flyers were ok at Auburn Sports, Cabelas, Sportco.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:12 am

Thanks Kup. I didn't even think to look at the Tapps launch yesterday. Maybe Kevin, Cody or Brett O took notice. Anyone.. Anyone...?

The SM, LM, and Musky limit signs were all on the board by the launch, didn't look at the main board by the concession stand.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:55 am

[quote="KUP"]In the spirit of cooperation I offer the following:
On a flyer patrol yesterday, we noticed that the CMA flyers were missing from the Lacey Sportsman Warehouse]

Our VP of CMA put flyers up on the board Saturday. After seeing this post he called down to the Lacey location
yesterday and spoke with the manager,the manager states that the flyers are up and have not gone anywhere.

As for Federal Way Sportsman's Warehouse...not sure whats going on there.
I was in there Saturday afternoon. There were 2 flyers on the board(Muskie School) and they were there when I left.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 pm

Sorry, had the stores mixed. Fed.Way had no CMA, Lacey had no CH 57.
My aim was to give everyone a heads up to leave all posters up, everywhere.
Not my intent to confuse. Just trying to help.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:12 am

I was at Lacey Sportsman’s yesterday and can confirm that there was indeed a CMA poster there but no 57 posting. I took care of it and now there are both separated by a few Muskie pictures there were on the board. Also I was looking at Cabalas and they have once again moved there Muskie section back to its original location. I know at one point there were fliers for both clubs on the shelves under their lures, but none as of late. I will replace the one for Chap 57 and someone from CMA should do the same.

Since I live in this area I have no problem checking on these from time to time and updating everyone as needed.
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:01 pm

You like the excuse to visit Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse alot don't you Dex.!!:-$
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:13 am

Yes I do... I think my wife is starting to catch on though.. lol
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ussbirdman
Angler

Re: Cascade Musky Association

Post by ussbirdman » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Does anyone know if this group is still active? Are there any active groups in Western WA to connect with about chasing tiger musky?