Get out there and fish!!

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Get out there and fish!!

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:27 pm

What is it with my fellow east siders. Every year the reports drop off in September and last till the ice is on. What's with you people, hunting season fever or something?

Get out there and fish!! Stop sitting at home dwelling on the fact that Conner and his boys have destroyed the entire fishery at the Pend Oreille River. There are pike and large mouth bass right acrossed the border in Idaho. A season license is only $98 and you can fish for a day for $12.75

I have emailed with a very good local fisherman up at the POR and he is having trouble finding largemouth in that river. He is even having trouble finding smallmouth of any real size as well.

Modern firearm season is still nearly a month away. Get out there and catch some more fish!!

I hope to fill my deer tag in one day this year, then get back out there after those fall Northern Pike and bass. There's lot's of room on Coeurdalene Lake for everyone.

See you out there!

Happy Fishing

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Re: Get out there and fish!!

Post by Natebg1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Hey Mark,

Can't wait for October!!!! My buddy, Son and his Dog and I are completely going Pike CRAZY and can't wait for the Fall Pike Bite!!! We will be over soon and I might even make a special early appearance with my Grandparents since they have never seen nor been on Couerd'alene! Did I mention I Love Fall Pike Fishing!!! See you all soon, I will see if I can't talk a few more anglers I know into coming over in the fall to try some Fall Pike! Tight Lines!

Nate The Pike Baron

dblood1974
Petty Officer

Post by dblood1974 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Whether they are at home sulking about the POR or have hunting season fever I say keep it up! With only having a little aluminum boat to putter around the lake in, it sure is nice having calm waters as a result of no other boats out, lol!

Joking aside, I don't get a chance to get out much myself, but have been completely amazed how few people are out fishing with some amazing September days that we've had the few times I have got out. Have even stumbled into a stray pike or two in the process. Haven't fished Twin at all this year, but this is about the time that a couple toads were caught from there a couple years ago. Although, unfortunately, both of those we kept and killed. May have to take a crack at Twin in October.

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:10 pm

I was out last weekend at the chain lakes. Fishing was fair to poor we all caught pike even the two guys I took with me that had never been pike fishing before, they both got 2 pike. All the fish we landed were on the smaller side. We only had one good size pike on at about 12 lb., but it threw the hook. Most all hit spinnerbaits but got a few on swimbaits as well. We fished Killarney and Medicine and got equal #'s at both.