2019 Pike Tally

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Re: 2019 Pike Tally

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Got another Gator tonite, a 40" by about 22" girth, didnt check the girth on this one as I couldnt find my flexable tape quick enough and wanted to get her back in the water, It was a little longer then the one i got a few days ago and I dont think it was quite as fat. So I'd say it was in that 22 lb range as well to put me at 6 fish over 20 on the year. Got 4 other smaller pike an a nice smallies as well. Puts me at 111 on the year.

# Pike so far; 111
# of fish over 10 lbs; 19
# of fish over 20 lbs; 6
Attachments
40in 2 pike 8-21-19.jpg

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:57 am

woops. It looks like I subtracted 5 from my total instead of adding them. lol
I had 119 on the 30th and got 5 on Saturday the17th gives me 124 for the year.
I gotta get after them I'm spending too many days not fishing.

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 am

AJ's Dad wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:57 am
woops. It looks like I subtracted 5 from my total instead of adding them. lol
I had 119 on the 30th and got 5 on Saturday the17th gives me 124 for the year.
I gotta get after them I'm spending too many days not fishing.
A likely story lol You were just afraid I was catchin you so you made that up [-X

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Ya cause I need to claim fish I didn't catch. I don't use this forum for bragging rights I use it to keep track of how many fish I catch in a year

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:46 am

3 pike yesterday gets me to 127. No big ones again and things are still very slow out there. We did pick up a couple of nice bass. A largie just under 6 pounds and a smallie at just under 5.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:10 pm

I read an article on this website about chasing trophy pike. In that article the writer accused me of going over his Fishing photos with a magnifying glass in an attempt to figure out where he was catching some nice fish :^o . After reading that article, I decided to go over his photos with a magnifying glass, and I have finally done it. I have located the cartoon lake where these giant fish are being caught. I went there the other evening and had tremendous luck :cheers: . I caught a monster fish :nemo: on my super duper home made lure. The biggest fish you have ever seen :cheers: . It was a pike, but unfortunately I was by myself, the SD card on my camera was corrupted, I forgot my net, my tape measure broke, and the fish of a lifetime, my personal best, broke my rod, snapped my line, and bit me on the arm as she jumped over the boat, and got away. There was only one other boat there. It was orange but the guy was jealous of me and he wouldn't use his cell phone to take a picture for me. The attached photo is an exact representation of that beautiful fish. I only wish all these bad luck things hadn't happened to me. Oh well. I'll catch a bigger one next time in my new Honey Hole. I can't wait to get back there!!
Attachments
BIG FISH2.jpg

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Mark,
I was surprised to see a tail on that fish since you already "used" it!!!

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:41 am

5 more on Saturday gets me to 132. Very slow year for me. Hoping things pick up as the temps drop. Still saw lots of 72 degree water out there.

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 pm

AJ's Dad wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:10 pm
I read an article on this website about chasing trophy pike. In that article the writer accused me of going over his Fishing photos with a magnifying glass in an attempt to figure out where he was catching some nice fish :^o . After reading that article, I decided to go over his photos with a magnifying glass, and I have finally done it. I have located the cartoon lake where these giant fish are being caught. I went there the other evening and had tremendous luck :cheers: . I caught a monster fish :nemo: on my super duper home made lure. The biggest fish you have ever seen :cheers: . It was a pike, but unfortunately I was by myself, the SD card on my camera was corrupted, I forgot my net, my tape measure broke, and the fish of a lifetime, my personal best, broke my rod, snapped my line, and bit me on the arm as she jumped over the boat, and got away. There was only one other boat there. It was orange but the guy was jealous of me and he wouldn't use his cell phone to take a picture for me. The attached photo is an exact representation of that beautiful fish. I only wish all these bad luck things hadn't happened to me. Oh well. I'll catch a bigger one next time in my new Honey Hole. I can't wait to get back there!!
That's terrible Mark who would do such a thing? What kinda azz is he anyways? To say you look at pictures for fishing spots, how absurd. :)
Do you want to share your cartoon lake with us so we can all catch some of them monster cartoon fish??? They look awesome BTW.

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:15 pm

Got 1 small fish tonite (and lost 2 others one of which was a good one), added to the ones I got on my last couple trips adds 5 more to my total for 116 on the year. I got a 11 lb fish 2 trips ago and lost a bigger one.
I got a nice 31" pike out of the P.O. river below Newport while Smallie fishing on a Rebel craw crankbait about a week ago which is the best one I have got there in a quite a while. I also got a 12 ft aluminum boat and Evinrude motor off the bottom of the river. It had been down there a few years I think and smelled really bad, so i gave it to a friends kid. No ID numbers on it and I dont think the motor will ever run again so at least he got a boat that floats for free.
# Pike so far; 116
# of fish over 10 lbs; 20
# of fish over 20 lbs; 6

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:40 am

Fish-N-Fool wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 pm
AJ's Dad wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:10 pm
That's terrible Mark who would do such a thing? What kinda azz is he anyways? To say you look at pictures for fishing spots, how absurd. :)
Do you want to share your cartoon lake with us so we can all catch some of them monster cartoon fish??? They look awesome BTW.
No chance. I'm not telling anyone where it is. Too many fish eaters and haters out there. I'm a catch and release guy and I want to go back there and catch them all and let them go!!

By the way. Looking at photos of the fish others on this website catch, and sharing info on what type of water to fish and techniques for catching fish, is why we're all here. Using a magnifying glass to try to figure out exactly where a guy is fishing?? Not something I do. That was my point. I tried to leave a nice respectful comment at the end of your article but for some reason the comment part doesn't work.
I wish you the best of luck catching fish in your great fishing spot. You've done well there. I'll probably run into you there in the spring.

Have a great rest of the season

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 am

6 more pike on Saturday brings me to 138 for the year. Water temps are a little so the fall bit should get going soon. I'm guessing it will take about another 6-8 degrees lower to get things going. That is if it gets going. This year has been very slow for me. Most of my great locations are producing few if any fish, making my outings more of a hunting trip. 8-[

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Got my 7th big pike of the year tonite a 38 1/4" I got 4 the other nite and 2 tonite to put me at 122 on the year. This has my best year ever for big fish and my best year for numbers since 2009 in the P.O. River haydays.
# Pike so far this year; 122
# of fish over 10 lbs; 21
# of fish over 20 lbs; 6
Attachments
#7.jpg

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Got 7 more fish since my last post , with 2 of them today. I didn't get any real big ones lately with a 7 lb.er my biggest But my fishing partner got an awesome fish that was over 20 lbs and was 42 1/4" 2 days ago. So with the 7 more fish I'm at 129 on the year.

# Pike so far this year; 129
# of fish over 10 lbs; 21
# of fish over 20 lbs; 6
Attachments
Tony's PB.jpg

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:44 am

6 more for me on Saturday adds up to 144 for the year. Finally found a couple of nicer fish this trip. Water temps are dropping and that's good!! I've been fishing some new locations, and some new lures, and they are producing fish. This year has been real slow for me. Hoping the bite is turning on now with the lower temps.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:49 am

8 more on Thursday and 2 on saturday brings me to 154 on the year.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:30 am

I released 3 Montana pike on Saturday bringing me to 157

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 am

Another 3 fish day on Cda gets me to an even 160 for the year.

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Finally got to get out and do some pike fishing again today. It was a beatiful day and I found a new spot to catch pike in the late fall and winter up here. Didn't get any monsters today but we saw a nice fish and I had one on for about 2 seconds that I think was a good one. I got 4 today and 3 from my trip a few weeks ago one of which was another monster at 43", which puts me at 136 on the year all caught in either Wash. or N. Idaho.
# Pike so far this year; 135
# of fish over 10 lbs; 22
# of fish over 20 lbs; 7

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 am

15 more in the boat on Saturday brings me to 175. Still looking for a fall monster.