Active topics vs. New posts

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Active topics vs. New posts

Post by Toni » Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 am

Active topics and new posts are the same when I go to them.
It use to be new posts would only show what was posted since my last visit, on the threads I was reading. Active would be all topics that were active even if I hadn't looked at them.

Is it going to go back to the way it was?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Active topics vs. New posts

Post by Larry3215 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Thats one reason I always use "Unread Posts" instead of New Posts. It seems to me New and Active are very close to the same most of the time and I only care about the ones I havent read yet.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon May 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Larry3215 wrote:Thats one reason I always use "Unread Posts" instead of New Posts. It seems to me New and Active are very close to the same most of the time and I only care about the ones I havent read yet.
But I read posts that I don't comment on so I am not notified. I have to look at the date. There are a lot of threads I don't read and won't.
So you might be in the same boat if you wanted to keep reading it. I could subscribe to it but then I would get lots of emails.
It was different on the last site.

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon May 29, 2017 7:14 pm

I just went to the unread posts and see that a few of the threads are ones I have read.