Fishfinder/Sonar images

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
tmusky1
Lieutenant

Fishfinder/Sonar images

Post by tmusky1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Just a thought but maybe a section where folks could post interesting images they've picked up on their graphs. Might be kinda cool to see images of local submerged bridges,roads,shipwrecks, other structures.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Fishfinder/Sonar images

Post by Amx » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:40 pm

I thought there was one. I forget the name of it, or what forum it's in. Maybe one guy who has posted pictures there will tell us.
Tom.

Interests: living

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 pm

AMX, You are correct.. it is kinda overseen by Larry. (Larry with some #'s beyond his name)
You know him. #-o

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Ha!

Here is a thread on interpreting sonar images.

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... ilit=sonar

and here is the one for posting interesting sonar images.

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... ilit=sonar

Not many folks seem to be as interested in this stuff as I am [blink] At least not many folks bother to post any images. My excuse is I have not been out on the water recently!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Larry,
Care to offer up the significance of 3215?

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:32 pm

That goes back a long ways - to my early days on the 'net'. If you remember, it was generally considered dangerous/risky/stupid to use your own real name as a 'handle' when chatting or posting on the net. The bad guys could "get" you! So I used to go by other handles depending on which board I was on. I used an RC related name - 'crash-n-burn' (I did that a lot in my learning days with RC planes) on most boards I was on and similar silly names on others.

Then I realized at some point that hiding behind a fictional name made it too easy to get snarky, get into arguments for no good reason, etc etc...all the bad things people do on the net are easier to do if you dont have to own them.

So, I decided to change over to at least using my first name. Im not quite brave/stupid/rash enough to use my full name. Plus I still tend to get into a scuffle on occasion, so some discretion seems wise [laugh]

Anyway, it turns out there are a whole lot of dead beats out there already on the net using MY NAME!!! Grrrrrr......

So, I tried Larry1 and Larry 2 and Larry 3 and Larry12 and Larry 21, etc etc etc. I finally got ticked off and just came up with a random number sequence. I was going to do 3,2,1,0 just because the count down sequence appeals to me, but at the last second I decided to throw a curve ball in with the 5.

So, there you go - there is no good reason for my handle other than I was in a mood that day :)

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Well, alright then!

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:23 am

If you are in the mood to return the favor....I think I can guess what your name comes from - father of 4?

As far as Amx's name, I cant decide if its his favorite car or bicycle or...? [laugh]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:03 am

The Quadfather wrote:AMX, You are correct.. it is kinda overseen by Larry. (Larry with some #'s beyond his name)
You know him. #-o
Ahhh Yes. That's him. [biggrin]
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:06 am

Larry3215 wrote:If you are in the mood to return the favor....I think I can guess what your name comes from - father of 4?

As far as Amx's name, I cant decide if its his favorite car or bicycle or...? [laugh]
Actually there is a American Military Tank that is named AMX. But I'm not named after it. It's after the Rambler. :cheers:
Tom.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Larry,

Haha, Quadfather does not mean father of four! I shudder at that thought.
I am a fan of audio/Hi-Fidelity gear. I used to be on message boards in forums for Quadraphonic (4-Channel audio). Hence, Quadfather. That's about it.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 pm

LOL I got that one wrong for sure, but at least I nailed it with Amx :)

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:12 am

The Quadfather wrote:I am a fan of audio/Hi-Fidelity gear. I used to be on message boards in forums for Quadraphonic (4-Channel audio).
I remember those days. Nothing like being stationed just outside of Tokyo when audio gear was at its pinnacle in the early 80s and all the premium gear like candy in a candy store. Though I never got into quadraphonic, spent a lot of $$ on stereo (and photographic) gear. Still have my all my audio gear and certain select photo stuff. [thumbup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 am

hewesfisher wrote:
I remember those days. Nothing like being stationed just outside of Tokyo when audio gear was at its pinnacle in the early 80s and all the premium gear like candy in a candy store. Though I never got into quadraphonic, spent a lot of $$ on stereo (and photographic) gear. Still have my all my audio gear and certain select photo stuff. [thumbup wrote:
Absolutely!
I am prior service Army. Although never stationed overseas, I still have a sales catalog from the AAFES (Army/Airforce/ExchangeService). A 1986 catalog of all the FINEST audio gear available via overseas military posts. I used to DROOL over that from about '86 til 2005. [-o< [-o<
I freakin' hated the Army, but I might have renisted for a quick 2 years for a chance to stock up on Hi-Fi via Europe.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 am

The Quadfather wrote:
hewesfisher wrote:
I remember those days. Nothing like being stationed just outside of Tokyo when audio gear was at its pinnacle in the early 80s and all the premium gear like candy in a candy store. Though I never got into quadraphonic, spent a lot of $$ on stereo (and photographic) gear. Still have my all my audio gear and certain select photo stuff. [thumbup wrote:
Absolutely!
I am prior service Army. Although never stationed overseas, I still have a sales catalog from the AAFES (Army/Airforce/ExchangeService). A 1986 catalog of all the FINEST audio gear available via overseas military posts. I used to DROOL over that from about '86 til 2005. [-o< [-o<
I freakin' hated the Army, but I might have renisted for a quick 2 years for a chance to stock up on Hi-Fi via Europe.
Career USAF myself. Maybe we could open an off-topic discussion on audio gear. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount