Member Map??

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
Salmon King
Warrant Officer

Member Map??

Post by Salmon King » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:40 am

Hey guys....maybe I’m missing it but do we have so ething like a Member Map or anything that lists where everybody’s located?
I thought it might be cool to be able to message someone for up to date info on a lake or area we plan on trying out. Or to look for sobeobe t fish with even.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Member Map??

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Salmon King wrote:Hey guys....maybe I’m missing it but do we have so ething like a Member Map or anything that lists where everybody’s located?
I thought it might be cool to be able to message someone for up to date info on a lake or area we plan on trying out. Or to look for sobeobe t fish with even.
Not exactly, Salmon King.
If the person fills out the location tab within their profile bio setup, then you have a location, but most people don’t fill out much of anything in their bios. (I agree, it would be cool to see something like one of those large maps with pins stuck in them, which sometimes show where all the visitors to a place like a business, etc.
(Shows where the come from)

Then you could find someone near your special interest body of water, reach out in a PM, and consult for advice, etc.

FishAddict
Petty Officer

Post by FishAddict » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Just my .02 but it would be just as easy to post a thread saying I'm fishing in whatever area and ask that way.. Personally I rarely respond to random PM's that doesn't relate to a posted topic on the forums.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:48 pm

FishAddict wrote:Just my .02 but it would be just as easy to post a thread saying I'm fishing in whatever area and ask that way.. Personally I rarely respond to random PM's that doesn't relate to a posted topic on the forums.
The only thing that making a thread asking about an area is that this does not mean that the person living in that area is getting a blip alerting them that you have asked a question. They would have to be staying very active on the forum. To even see it. I guess I always respond to PM’s because it seems that it is a social component of the public forum.

Salmon King
Warrant Officer

Post by Salmon King » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:41 pm

FishAddict wrote:Just my .02 but it would be just as easy to post a thread saying I'm fishing in whatever area and ask that way.. Personally I rarely respond to random PM's that doesn't relate to a posted topic on the forums.

So you will respond to a post but you ignore a pm from the same forum?
I can understand not responding to an email but I’m Not sure I understand When it’s a fellow forum member...whatever.

Me? Hell...I try and answer every pm and thread. To me it seems the right thing to do.

18ftTrophy
Warrant Officer

Post by 18ftTrophy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:57 pm

I agree with Chris & SK.