Looking for a boat to rent

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
GoingtoFish
Warrant Officer

Looking for a boat to rent

Post by GoingtoFish » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:22 pm

A couple of buddies and I are going to Rufus Woods in February. We don't have a boat and are looking to rent one or maybe catch a ride with someone else that is going to be out and has room for 3.
Send me a PM if you can help. We are looking to go the 14th through the 16th.

GoingtoFish
Warrant Officer

Re: Looking for a boat to rent

Post by GoingtoFish » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:56 am

Changed the dates w2e are going to the 21st through the 23rd.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 am

It's worth a shot, but you might put out a post within Craigslist to rent someone's personal boat. Most of the boat rentals in Seattle are via places that are on Lake Union or the Ship Canal,and it seems to be for boats that you will use on the lake.

I personaly would not rent my boat to a stranger via Craigslist, but you may find someone who when times are Tough/$$ may be willing to do so, and with some amount of contractual agreement.
Good luck.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:44 pm

If you've considered a guide, but decided against it or are comparing costs. Then an option might be a rental company. Like Aurora rents for example. I could be wrong, but thought I saw a trailer, boat, and motor in there yard. Looked like a rental would, with scratched paint and perhaps said "Aurora Rents" on the trailer, and boat. Anyway, call around to the various rental places near you, or a city near Rufus (Wenatchee, coulee city, moses lake, Levenworth....ect).
Might even get lucky by asking a Resort, like "the Cove" on Fish Lake. Leave a large enough deposit. I don't see why they would not consider it, unless no trailers were purchased for the boats.

A quick internet search revealed this option. They rent boats on trailers for Lakes Couer D' Alene, Banks, and surrounding area. Phone number is on the website.

http://www.kjwatersports.net.