Afraid of Fishing the river alone

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Chickfishing58
Angler

Afraid of Fishing the river alone

Post by Chickfishing58 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Beth I live in West Richland, I'm trying to find someone that will teach me how to fish the Columbia River.

I have a 17 1/2 ft Harbercraft with a 60 mercury I have always fished lakes. I know nothing about the river I can fish Sundays after 11:00 am and anytime on Mondays.
IT'S NOT HOW BIG THE WORM IS IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE IT

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Afraid of Fishing the river alone

Post by Amx » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:42 pm

I presume you mean for salmon and/or steelhead. Or are you thinking of Bass and panfish too?
Last edited by Amx on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 pm

Do you have a depth finder with chart to look for the shallow flats and main channel so you stay in safe water? Fishing-n-Map Company has maps for the river. Lowrance and Humminbird have charts on their finders so you can see where the channel is. And the depth of the side bays and shallow areas. And watch for the very rocky areas along the shoreline.

https://www.fishnmap.com/

tri-cities map;

https://www.fishnmap.com/item.php?item=868
Tom.

Interests: living

Outdoor Gal
Petty Officer

Post by Outdoor Gal » Mon May 17, 2021 4:17 am

Chickfishing58 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:19 pm
Hi Everyone,

My name is Beth I live in West Richland, I'm trying to find someone that will teach me how to fish the Columbia River.

I have a 17 1/2 ft Harbercraft with a 60 mercury I have always fished lakes. I know nothing about the river I can fish Sundays after 11:00 am and anytime on Mondays.
Welcome Beth. Although I'm considerably farther north than you, it would be nice to connect with other lady fishers to fish the Columbia and other waterways in Western Washington. I have a life-long passion for fresh and salt water fishing and crabbing. I'm a peaceful no-drama type. A long time friend lives in the Tri Cities but isn't into fishing. She's too girly girl and grossed out by putting worms on a hook but would likely agree with your caption it's how you wiggle your worm. lol That's not what I'm looking for in here. [cool]