Report form

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
hewesfisher
Admiral

Report form

Post by hewesfisher » Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 am

One thing I've had a problem with since the new report form was added is editing the narrative section of the report. To do so, you have to use the back button on the report form, however, when you do that, all the info previously entered is lost except uploaded pics. Is there a way to allow narrative preview/edit without having to click "back" or losing previously entered info?

The old form had a preview option on the narrative page so I could preview before completing the report. Now, you have to go all the way to the end to see a preview, which is fine, but the process of editing has the mentioned pitfalls. Just a small annoyance I could overcome by writing my report in Word and then pasting into the narrative box.

Just thought I'd ask. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Report form

Post by Amx » Tue May 14, 2013 1:07 pm

SMALL anoyance???? I hate to type so it's TOTALY ANOYING!!! Then sometimes I can't remember what I typed, if it's long, so I just throw in a couple words and say "ta hell with it".
Tom.

Interests: living

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 14, 2013 3:59 pm

hewesfisher wrote:One thing I've had a problem with since the new report form was added is editing the narrative section of the report. To do so, you have to use the back button on the report form, however, when you do that, all the info previously entered is lost except uploaded pics. Is there a way to allow narrative preview/edit without having to click "back" or losing previously entered info?

The old form had a preview option on the narrative page so I could preview before completing the report. Now, you have to go all the way to the end to see a preview, which is fine, but the process of editing has the mentioned pitfalls. Just a small annoyance I could overcome by writing my report in Word and then pasting into the narrative box.

Just thought I'd ask. [wink]
hmmm, I just used both my browser back button and the report form back button and both retained the info. Also, Aaron set up the form so you can leave it at any point (w/o even "saving" it and when you come back to post a report all the info should still be there from the report you started but never submitted. I just checked and that worked OK for me as well. Don't you hate when the tech support guy says "It's working fine on this end" but, It's working fine at least on my computer, with I.E. 10.
:scratch:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed May 15, 2013 5:17 am

Let me clarify, I'm not losing the narrative, it's the optional information that disappears when I click "back" whether using my browser or the button on the form. I was hoping there was a way to stop that and also not have to click "back" four times to edit the narrative comments.

Ah ha!!! I figured out how to do this, DO NO'T use the back button, instead, click on the tab at the top of the report form. #-o

Might still be something to look at, because anyone who uses the "back" button will have to redo the optional info, but now that I know how to circumvent that issue, I won't be frustrated wordsmithing my narrative prior to submitting. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 am

OK, good information for Aaron to look at. Thanks

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 am

hewesfisher wrote:
Ah ha!!! I figured out how to do this, DO NO'T use the back button, instead, click on the tab at the top of the report form. #-o

Might still be something to look at, because anyone who uses the "back" button will have to redo the optional info, but now that I know how to circumvent that issue, I won't be frustrated wordsmithing my narrative prior to submitting. [wink]
I have also learned this.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 am

there is a tab at the top??? :scratch:

ok, I'll have to look next time I catch a fish worth reporting about. [laugh]
Tom.

Interests: living