Changing & Disappearing Posts

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Re: Changing & Disappearing Posts

Post by Aaron » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am

Off the top of my head I would have to blame your internet/computer... We haven't had anything even remotely similar reported by anyone else but I will keep an eye out for similar problems.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:36 pm

what is the difference between quick reply and regular reply. Seems like I have had problems with the quick reply in the past so I don't use the "quick reply" button. So what is the difference in the 2???

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Duncan Dharkeez wrote:I was posting today and noticed that my posts kept disappearing after I clicked the post button. I was using the quick reply form if that helps. I am not sure if it is the computer I am on or if I am doing something wrong. The exact post this was happening on was in the stolen boat thread, It was a post asking about a reward.

Also since I might have a computer problem I was wondering if my posts might not be getting uploaded all the way. The other day I posted in a different thread and only the first few words showed up. At first I thought someone had edited my words without explanation or mention but now I am thinking that would be pretty weird and there could be a problem with either my internet or the site.

Any help is great thanks!
maybe someone saw who was posting and edited it for you...... [flapper]

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:43 am

goodtimesfishing wrote:what is the difference between quick reply and regular reply. Seems like I have had problems with the quick reply in the past so I don't use the "quick reply" button. So what is the difference in the 2???
curious what the difference is in the topic reply and the quick reply???? Anyone know the answer????? :scratch:

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:18 am

What I have noticed is. Select "quick reply" when a persons quote is not included in the comment, there is no option for "quote". Thusly, all previous comments are not viewable at the bottom of the "quick reply" page. So, not replying to any one post. Just generically commenting in the thread.

Selecting "postreply" includes the option for adding one or more "quotes" in each comment. Since all previous comments are a "scrollable" view at the bottom of that page.

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:24 am

So that is how you have different quotes at different parts of your post. THANKS motoboat I appreciate the response and I learned something new. [thumbsup]

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Yeah, what Motoboat said. Sorry I missed your question. There's a ton more options when clicking the regular Post Reply button.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System