More of an idea

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
jumpinjim
Petty Officer

More of an idea

Post by jumpinjim » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:50 am

This is more of an Idea. I just got off a lengthy ban and while I was on the Ban I was getting PM's but no emails were generated and there was no way for me to check the PM's. I just thought I would mention that it might be a nice feature for people banned from the forum to be able to still check or respond to PMs so folks don't think they are being ignored. Just a thought.

primetime
Commander

Re: More of an idea

Post by primetime » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:01 am

Don't get banned and you won't have that problem [-X

jumpinjim
Petty Officer

Post by jumpinjim » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 am

Easier said then done. I emailed the moderators to find out why I was banned in the first place but never got a response. The note said abusive comments but I can't find a single place where I have been abusive to someone. This wasn't meant to be a discussion around that, I am just saying since the threshold for banning is so light maybe allowing pm access is a good idea, Or not I was just trying to make a suggestion.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:59 am

What does one have to do in order to get banned? I thought getting banned was permanent. I for one am glad that it is not. I get so pissed at politicians and their actions and sometimes life in general that it has spilled over into what I write, at times. It's been about 3 weeks since I last fished. I can feel the jonesing coming on. The walls are moving in on me! LOL

I gotta agree with primetime and emphasize, don't get banned. It's been forever since I read the rules but it's safe to say that you can't cuss and absolutely you can not insult another member. That's about it.... Remember that short comments can be easily misinterpreted. Adding a smilie or laughing face is no guarantee that it will be taken as a joke when telling someone to jump in the lake.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Glad youre back jumpinjim. I was wondering why i hadnt seen any posts from you.

jumpinjim
Petty Officer

Post by jumpinjim » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Yea I was a bad boy. I am pretty sure it was because I called a guy that was killing spawning fish in a closed area and then throwing them away a miscreant... but I can see how that would violate the forum policies so, toe the line or don't whine! I'll keep the commentary to myself :-"

or try to :^o

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:17 pm

A little Stalinist revision of history, eh? My advice won't be heeded, but I do recommend you drop it and move on. Your reply is not needed.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".