Most buttons on log-in page not working

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Most buttons on log-in page not working

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Took me several minutes to figure out the only way to use the login button after entering username and password was to use tab to get to the button and hitting enter, clicking on them does not work. Same with the create new account, forgot username/password, and the submit button ont he Contact Us page.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Most buttons on log-in page not working

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Worked ok for me, but the reports pages doesn't allow for reading the reports yet. I'm sure the bugs will be worked out soon, as every time an upgrade is done bugs show up and Aaron has been diligent about getting things straightened out.
Tom.

Interests: living

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm sure he will, just making sure he is aware of the issue :)

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm in bug fix hell right now. Every last thing I can think of worked until we went live. That's the way it goes I guess.

There's something with the footer that is transparently covering up most of the site. I'm all over it.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 pm

May as well put this here instead of making a new topic as well. I got an e-mail advertisement from one of the sponsors here on NWFR, and the link that was given in the advertisement to this website was misspelled, so it didn't bring you to the website. I made a post about it in the thread, it is the stickied thread in the announcements section called "NWFR 2017 Zeballos BC Fishing Adventure! ", but for some reason it is not registering as a new post, and still says the last post by Mike from 4 hours beforehand in the Chelan BBQ announcement as the last one posted. Not sure if that is intentional or not, but hopefully someone saw the post and contacted them about it, wouldn't want to miss out on possible new members from the advertisement because of a typo.

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Aaron wrote:I'm in bug fix hell right now. Every last thing I can think of worked until we went live. That's the way it goes I guess.

There's something with the footer that is transparently covering up most of the site. I'm all over it.
Haha, the woes of IT personell [laugh] I saw that footer issue, when holding down leftclick to highlight, and dragging it on the register button on the log-in page it highlights stuff in the footer, lol. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out, Aaron. I know I'm probably of very little use since I don't know how to program or code. The format and layout look great though!
Last edited by Juniah87 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:08 pm

I edited the title so this thread is now the official 'new update issues' thread. To keep everything in one thread. :-)

edit by me: edited title back to what it was, so this is NOT the official bugs thread, if there is another bug, start another thread. :-)
Tom.

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Should rename it to "Thread that will make Aaron pull his hair out" [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

But I don't think he needs to be reminded of that every time he reads the title. lol
Tom.

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Amx wrote:Worked ok for me, but the reports pages doesn't allow for reading the reports yet. I'm sure the bugs will be worked out soon, as every time an upgrade is done bugs show up and Aaron has been diligent about getting things straightened out.
Went to check out the reports page after I read this, and noticed the icon depicting whether there are pictures included in the report is now missing, along with the county in the overview/list of reports. I don't know if that was done intentionally or not though. The "Details" button is the same issue I was having with the login button, so is probably related to the footer issue Aaron was talking about, you can tab to it just like I had to do with the login, but cannot click on it.
Amx wrote:But I don't think he needs to be reminded of that every time he reads the title. lol

haha, very true! I only tease because I feel your pain!

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Boom.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

AMX, you you edit the title of your post back... I'd rather have a new post for each problem. it's easier to deal with for me. I don't have to sort through a single post and possibly miss something that way.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Ok, will do, back to how it was.
Tom.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Juniah87 wrote:Went to check out the reports page after I read this, and noticed the icon depicting whether there are pictures included in the report is now missing, along with the county in the overview/list of reports. I don't know if that was done intentionally or not though.
The columns on the index pages have changed. There is no longer a photos or county column... its very hard to decide what info is important, and what it not, and have it fit on a single line, across all browsers and now across all devices.

if you haven't looked at the site on your phone yet, give it a try.

It's not perfect, but its somewhere to start.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Aaron wrote:
Juniah87 wrote:Went to check out the reports page after I read this, and noticed the icon depicting whether there are pictures included in the report is now missing, along with the county in the overview/list of reports. I don't know if that was done intentionally or not though.
The columns on the index pages have changed. There is no longer a photos or county column... its very hard to decide what info is important, and what it not, and have it fit on a single line, across all browsers and now across all devices.

if you haven't looked at the site on your phone yet, give it a try.

It's not perfect, but its somewhere to start.
Just brought up the forums on my phone, that looks WAY better than it did before the update, nice work!

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Log-in buttons and Details buttons on the report page both work now with the footer fix, nice job!! =D>

Can lock this thread if it makes it easier to keep track of unresolved issues!